Chapter 95: Let Me See The Sun

Stella's POV

Everything felt wrong.

My head was killing me and the voices around me was louder than normal.

Fragments of what happened swirled around me, impossible to fully grasp.

I reached down with my hand and felt around, searching for the rail often found in hospital beds.

I felt cold metal and grasped it for a moment, my hands shaking.

So, I'm alive... I thought to myself. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't."

I opened my eyes. Darkness. No, that wasn't right. It was an absence of sight. As if I was staring into the Void.

I closed my eyes and sat there, mixed emotions swarming inside me.

I heard the door open and I opened my eyes. Not for myself — that was pointless — but for the sake for whoever was there.

"I'm awake,"I said, my voice trembling. "I can't see you."

"You what?!" My visitor exclaimed.

Light and airy, I thought. A tad high pitched as well.

"Hey Moon," I said. "How long was I out?"

"Four days," she replied, sounding like she was going to have a mental breakdown. Which was odd, considering how I was calm even without my sight.

Not that I don't feel devastated as well. After all, I realized that I wouldn't be able to see my friends or the Sun ever again.

"This isn't fair Stella," Moon said, her voice catching.

I sat completely still, unwavering... trying not to shatter.

It wasn't going to end well, if Moon was already freaking out.

But at the same time, I felt an overwhelming feeling of loss.

"Moon?" I said quietly. "Please leave."

I didn't wait for her to close the door before collapsing back into my bed.

Let me see the Sun... one last time.