Chapter 135: Working At The Tavern

Stella's POV

With Ember, Moon and the others being gone, I had decided to get a job.

My first job? Working At the Frostbourne Tavern.

Uh, Kane said it was easy. All he needed me to do was to ask everyone what drinks they wanted and serve it to them.

It didn't sound too complicated.

I walked up to the first table, where a young couple were chatting, the girl looked to be maybe 16 or 17? While the boy was definitely older. The girl was extremely short and the boy... IS HIS HEIGHT EVEN NORMAL?! 

What was he? 6'9?!

The weird thing was that he had a purple arm and leg while the girl had a completely purple eye with some of her face also radiating that disturbing purple color.

Finally, the two noticed me, or at least, the boy did.

"Miss?" He asked. "Have you heard of our savior? The Flame!"

I was so confused that I didn't reply.

"Uh no," I replied. "But I'm ready to..."

"THE ALMIGHTY FLAME!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. "YEAH BITCH!!!"

I stared at this scene, completely horrified. How the hell was his friend able to sleep though this, I don't even know.

"THE ALMIGHTY FLAME WILL SAVE US ALL!" The young man screamed. "THE ALMIGHTY FLAME WILL SAVE US ALL!"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I shrieked, literally greeting them, along with the table, across the room.

"Oh no!" I gasped, a bit horrified.

However the boy's head just popped out of the side, his friend obviously was still asleep. 

"MAY THE FLAME BE WITH YOU!"

I screamed and ran off.

The next table I was sent off to, had been waiting for a little bit. So, Kane had sent me to the table to give them their drinks.

After I served them, the woman looked at me.

"THAT TOOK FOREVER!" She screamed. "WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MINUTES FOR OUR DRINKS! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER! I WILL NOT DRINK ANYTHING THAT TOOK THREE MINUTES TO MAKE! NO, I WILL NOT WEAR A MASK! YOU HAVE NO FUTURE IN THIS WORLD!"

I felt my face turn red.

[Ten seconds later]

Kane and I stared at the burning tavern in the distance, before Kane turned to me with a very disappointed look on his face.

"So... I might've overreacted a little over there," I said sheepishly.

I looked over and saw Crazy Boy and Tavern Girl, as they both nodded and faded out.

Ghosts... I realized. I just saw ghosts.