Chapter 77: Can You Try To Understand How Our Touch Can Cause Explosions?

Andrew's POV

You know, suffering from ADHD and all sucks.

Especially, when you've forgotten something and you can't remember what it was.

And all you know is that it was probably very important.

We were still waiting for Ember's friends to return, so we began strategizing on attacking the Overseer.

"Here's the plan," Sheila said. "We kill the Overseer and save our friends!"

"It's not as easy as you think," Patrick reminded her, causing the princess to laugh sheepishly.

"The good news is that we have tons of weapons and armor in the armory," Azura said, walking towards the armory.

"The Netherbane can come help," Ciara offered. "We can outnumber the Overseer!"

"I love all your enthusiasm," Ryan said. "But we need to wait for the others, if they're left out of the loop, this battle can become disastrous in no time. It'll be like walking into a mine of TNT and by the time you realize it, it's too late!"

A mine of TNT...

TNT...

Explosion...

THE ARMORY!

I wanted to kill myself! I should've diffused the bomb, but I had forgotten!

I'm such an idiot!

I looked over and saw Azura beginning to enter the room.

"NO!" I screamed, running as fast as I could over there.

"Andrew?" She asked, clearly bewildered. "What are you doing?"

I didn't hesitate, I could already see that she had already tripped the bomb. I only had ten seconds to act.

We can't run... we wouldn't get far enough in time...

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, before pressing a button on Azura's wing suit.

The wing suit went into automatic mode, causing the scholar to fly away from the armory, before crashing into a tree and falling down, completely still.

"AZURA!" Patrick screamed, running to check on his wife.

Everybody... I'm sorry...