Chapter 110: Skies and Oceans

Lyria's POV

It only took two hours before a scout had spotted the enemy.

I wasn't ready to go out in the battlefield, not yet at least.

Not everyone was fighting either, Stella and Shizuku were sitting out.

I equipped my elytra and ran off, only to bump into a small figure.

"Sorry!" I said, before looking at the small person I had knocked over.

She stared at me blankly. "It's fine," she eventually said, getting back up.

When she was back on her feet, I noticed that was she was shorter than me but presumably the same age.

"I'm Lyria!" I said, shaking her hand. "It's so so so nice to meet you! What's your name? How old are you? Oh my goodness! Do you live here? Or are you only visiting? WAIT, OHMYGODIFYOU'REJUSTVISITINGTHANWHYAREYOUHEREINTHEMIDDLEOFTHEWAR?!"

"Jinjja?" The girl said.

"What kind of name is that?" I asked.

She quickly shook her head. "N-no!" She said. "My name is Cari. I'm... Asian. Jinjja means what?"

"Ah, I see!" I said. "So?"

"I guess we are visiting," Cari said. "My friend Alan and I decided to stop by for some unexplainable amount of time."

"Interesting," I commented.

"Omoshiroi," she replied.

Interesting, I thought. 

"Let me guess," Cari said. "Member of the Elytra Corps?"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" I gasped, shocked that she figured it out.

"You're wearing an elytra," she replied.

"Oh,"

Welp, that's embarrassing.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"The oceans," she replied.

"EXCUSE ME WHAT?!"

"I'm a Selkie," she informed me. "When I'm underwater I turn into a seal."

...

........

..............

....................

.........................

..................................

"That sounds weird doesn't it?"

"Yeah... it does,"

Then the explosions went off.