Chapter 115: She Only Wishes For Your Safety

Shizuku's POV

Two hours and twenty-five minutes ago...

"Okay troops!" King Ryan said. "Remember, if we die we're dead"

"Ah yes, the floor is made of floor," someone in the army snarked. I recognized her as Hilda, one of the Frostbourne members.

Ryan chose to ignore this statement.

"Anyways, who wants to scout?"

Ember shot his hand up. "I VOLUNTEER FOR TRIBUTE!"

"Okay Katniss," Alex said from a distance.

"Shizuku, remember," Sheila said. "You're staying here."

I gritted my teeth in frustration. "I'm fourteen years old," I protested. "I'm old enough to fight!"

"No you are not!" My sister replied.

I huffed as she turned around to go join the battle.

Now what? I wondered. Everyone else is going to go fight. 

Wait, maybe not everyone.

Without a second thought, I ran into the infirmary.

I opened the door to Stella's room.

"Hello?" She asked, her sightless eyes staring right past me.

"It's me, Shizuku," I announced.

"Oh hello, Stella said, relaxing. "Why aren't you out fighting with the others?"

I swallowed hard. "Sheila won't let me," I spat.

Stella chuckled, but she had a sympathetic look on her face. "Sheila can be strict," she said. "But she only wants you safe. Trust me, I know. Rain is the exact same way with me."

I nodded reluctantly.

Stella smiled. "Besides, when she was younger, she made her brother train her at night," she added. "Something that went against what the rules of this kingdom had in place back then."

My sister rebelling against her own father? It wasn't impossible, and quite believable actually... but for some reason, this still surprised me.

Then all of a sudden, Moon ran into the infirmary. "CARI!" She yelled. "BLOOD UNDERWATER!"