4 | guess boy

FOUR. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the black haired girl exited the bullet train after twelve agonizing hours of travel.

she felt jet-lagged even though she was just travelling in the same country with the same time zone. she left hyogo at twelve midnight, and now arrived at her hometown at half-past twelve noon.

she blinked as she walked, glad that her eyes were finally out of the colored contact lenses after a long time. she removed them in the train earlier.

she entered a small coffee shop that was right outside the train station, wanting to at least get some coffee before going on with the rest of her afternoon. she ordered a sweet black iced coffee and two blueberry cheesecakes.

she took a seat at the furthest part of the shop, in a dimly-lit booth. she laid her duffle bag beside her and settled in. a few minutes later, her order had arrived, and she dug in- the delicious taste of the cheesecake was welcomed by her tastebuds. sure, she'd eaten breakfast at the train earlier- the twins' mother had given her some onigiri before she left- but it wasn't quite enough to fill her until half-past noon.

as she sipped on her iced coffee, she let out a light sigh as she remembered the events from yesterday flood back into her mind.

it was out of the ordinary.

the treatment she received from the miya twins' mother was definitely different from every other parent she'd met. usually, they'd be stuck-up, or just blatantly despised the fact that their son wanted a girlfriend- some of her past clients were bad eggs, really.

let's not forget the fact that she felt so different around her client. it wasn't a surprise that she was a bit flustered, because the guy was handsome, to be honest. but the fact that her stomach was doing flips and her heart was suddenly into aerobics made her wonder if the guy gave her some type of illness.

"so i put my hands like this.. and?" she lowered her body with her hands positioned in front of her.

her face flushed as she remembered their close proximity yesterday.

the kuudere put her vacant hand to her forehead, trying to feel if she was sick or something. she had normal temperature- maybe it was just a slight internal fever or cold?

those things exist... right?

she sighed in exasperation. maybe she was just overthinking. things like this happen when you travel back and forth to another prefecture for a total of twenty-four hours.

"is this seat taken?"

her eyes snapped up to meet crimson red ones. his eyes looked scrutinizing, almost.

"obviously not." the girl was out of work, so she was back to her kuudere self.

it wasn't much of a surprise how fast she could switch personalities. being in the industry for so long could train one person to be an entirely different one within a snap.

the boy smirked at the reaction he managed to gauge from her. "you see my friend over there?"

the girl lazily looked at the direction he was pointing at. an olive-haired guy with hazel eyes was standing near the counter, ordering. he had his hands tucked inside his school jumper.

she saw that the guy in front of her was in the same attire. they must be in some type of sports club and just got off to go on a break.

a faint outline of the word shiratorizawa was visible through the material of the purple and white jumper.

the girl hummed in response. "hmm?"

"well, you see, we're here with the rest of our team." he pointed at a group of guys wearing the same uniform as him, all seated at a crowded table where only one seat was visibly left vacant.

"mind if my friend sits here? he's the only one who doesn't have a seat and me being the good friend i am-"

"you want him to get a girlfriend, don't you?" the girl's heterochromatic eyes pierced through his crimson red ones.

the boy looked at her in momentary shock before the corner of his lips tugged into a smirk. "you're smart."

"i am." she quipped. "there's a lot of vacant seats you can take around the place."

she pointed at an old lady who was seated on a four-seater table, with three chairs left vacant. "you could have asked to borrow a chair from her."

"from him." she pointed at a guy who was seated alone at a two-seater.

"or got some chairs from that stack." she pointed at the stack of extra chairs at the other end of the café.

"yet you came to me, and instead of asking to borrow my chair, you want your friend to sit with me." she voiced her observations.

"what if i said i was just too.. shy to approach them all for a seat?" the red-haired guy swayed.

she raised a brow at him.

"clearly, you're not shy." she almost scoffed as she looked him in the eye. "you're asking me for a seat right now, aren't you?"

"touché." the guy smirked.

"to affirm your former statement, i am smart." she ate the last bite of her blueberry cheesecake.

"your wits.." the red-haired boy narrowed his eyes, "it's annoying."

"what's more annoying is that you're sticking your nose into your friend's business. doesn't he ever tell you to fuck off and mind your own crap?"

her harsh words made him flinch slightly, the fact that she was saying this all with a straight face made it all the more scary.

"he-"

"or maybe he does, and you're just so persistent to meddle with other people's lives." she bit again. "people like you are annoying."

he looked at her with a raised eyebrow, amusement glinting in his eyes. "man, i should have known. my guess was right."

she gave him a bored look.

"you're a kuudere." he declared. "and a tsundere."

she stifled a dry laugh, scoffing right after. "you better watch your mouth, guess boy."

"assuming things about other people could land you a terrible fortune."

his smirk only deepened. "my guesses are never wrong."

she rolled her eyes at him before standing up from her seat and slinging her duffle bag on her shoulder, her left hand holding her iced coffee, and her right occupied with a business card she took from her pocket.

"if you're that desperate to get your friend a girlfriend, spare me the chit-chat."

she handed him a black business card with white and gold letters printed on it.

"here."

the boy took it, eyes widening as he read the contents of the card.

girlfriend-for-hire ᝰ

gf-forhire.com
135-XXX-920

just as she turned away to leave, her voice was heard again.

"give it to your friend."

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━