103 | a tie

A/N: I'm honestly excited for the semi-finals.

-

ONE HUNDRED THREE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS SILENT as the two athletes sat beside each other. Their eyes stared at the court, the pair of irises with heterochromia kept a stoic gaze, lips in a flat line, while the one with deep brown orbs stared in boredom.

"You were right after all." The brunette kept her eyes on the court as she watched the match of the east.

The girl with heterochromatic ocean blue and hazel evergreen eyes let out a small scoff. "I'm never wrong."

Their gazes followed the ball as it went through the hoop, bouncing off the court floors with a resounding stammer. The team that scored didn't even bother celebrating; their eyes were filled with bloodlust as they continued their monstrous gameplay.

"She's actually gotten a bit better." Utsui continued her previous thought about what Seinaru was right about – that Reo improved now. "Might give us trouble."

This was the third quarter finals game of the season; one was left after this. The south already had theirs before the north did. South's champion was United States of America – which was given since they had the prodigal five's Seraphim Klein among WNBA drafts on their team. The north's match ended about an hour ago, with Japan declared as the winner, given that they had top tier athletes and Seinaru on the roster. The players already went back to the village, however, two of whom were sat in general admission, observing the third quarter finals game from afar. Utsui Futakuchi and Ymari Seinaru came back after Jordan got the team ice cream. No one in the team knows because they were ordered to rest before their practice later in the evening, whereas Inko, their coach gave them the go-signal, already knowing what they were going to do.

Scout competition.

"Running score, 162 – 98, in favor of Australia." The announcer's voice spoke through the speakers. "2 minutes and 41 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the East Quarter Finals!"

South has Seraphim Klein.

North has Ymari Seinaru.

And the East has Reo Hemmings.

The only one in the five who has a sliver of a chance to be on par with Seinaru.

It's quite flattering to be the standard that people aim to beat, or at least be on par with. However..

"3 points by number 1, Hemmings – Australia!"

The red-haired female didn't even break a sweat as she went back to her position. For a fleeting moment, she felt someone's gaze upon her, and by chance, in the thousands of people in the audience, her eyes matched with heterochromatic ones that looked at her in boredom and a sliver of ridicule. Her heart stopped and she felt her breathing become staggered, but she couldn't rip her gaze away from the female who was about one hundred meters away from her.