44 | starwiki-how

FORTY-FOUR. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"atsumu, i told ya' ta' be back b'fore eight in the evening, not eight 'n the mornin'!" kita started scolding the piss-haired setter who just finished showering and getting ready for their game.

the entire inarizaki team just sighed at their setter. he told them he would just go out for a walk, but returned in the morning, with no update whatsoever of his whereabouts the evening before.

once kita finished his scolding session with the blonde miya twin, the team had set off to ride their bullet coaster to the venue.

a few minutes later, they found themselves walking down the familiar halls of the enormous gymnasium.

"we've lit'rally got a game in thirty minutes— an' we're 'lready late ta' the venue thanks to ya'." osamu miya put his hand to his forehead as he walked alongside his twin brother.

"s'mimasen, 'samu." atsumu rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, slouching a bit. "i was takin' care of ymari an' lost track of time."

"hah? i thought ya' went for a walk last night?"

"who the hell goes for a walk from seven pm ta' seven am?" atsumu deadpanned. "of course i had ta' sleep somewhere."

"ya' were with yer girlfriend?" the gray haired twin asked silently as they walked inside their locker rooms to change out of their tracksuits. "does that mean she's stayin' nearby?"

"ya'. she's in the same hotel as us." atsumu shrugged off his duffle bag and placed it on the bench.

"and.. ya' took care of 'er? was she ill?" osamu asked.

"ya', she had a really high fever." atsumu sighed, remembering ymari earlier.

suna frowned, registering atsumu's words. seinaru probably got sick from moving around too much yesterday. he gave himself a reminder to see if he can find her today— at the hotel, since that's what he overheard atsumu say, that she's in the same hotel— and check if she's fine.

"i felt bad leaving 'er, but she said she's fine now."

" 'course she'd say that." kita, who they didn't know was listening into their conversation along with everyone else popped in.

"she doesn't wan' ya' ta' be worried an' lose the game 'cause of 'er." the captain told him with eerily calm eyes. "so do your best and don't let 'er down."

atsumu teared up a bit at his captains words, "h-hai, kita-san!"

-

"achoo!" seinaru sneezed.

utsui quickly handed her a box of tissues. "take it easy."

ymari blew her nose onto the tissue paper, crumpled it, and threw it in the bin across the room perfectly.