73 | mari-chin

play i guess i'm in love by clintone kane after the mini-timeskip.

-

SEVENTY-THREE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

everything was going well.

some might be suspicious of such phenomena, because when everything's too peaceful, something's bound to ruin it.

but that won't happen.

.. right?

-

terushima's nightly visits to the seinaru residence became more and more frequent as time passed.

the nightly visits came with study sessions, conversations about her day, his day, their sports, academics— literally anything and everything that always makes them lose track of time. the boy always ends up sleeping in the guest room which has become his safe haven since the second month of his visits.

it's been more than a month— to be specific, it's approximately been the two terms of the school year. eight months and some weeks.

the boy continued to pay for his monthly subscription though, but without the girl's permission of course. after the first month she already said that he didn't have to pay anymore, but he still insisted— without her knowing.

he always conversed with sana-obaasan, they kept in touch like they were related. and in order to pay for his dues, he sent her the money, which sana then deposits into ymari's account.

this way, ymari doesn't have a choice but to receive it.

because she doesn't even know.

all she's aware of was the fact that terushima always fills her pantry to the brim— this was the compromise he made a few months ago when the girl refused the fifty thousand yen. he'd give thirty thousand yen and then a month's worth of groceries.

ymari couldn't even refuse it because whenever she comes home from school on the last day of the month, her friend group would already be restocking her pantry— breaking and entering wouldn't be a case as utsui had a spare key to her home.

it would be the same cycle for ymari everyday.

since his first night visit with food, the next morning he was at her doorstep, saying that they'd walk to the bus stop and ride to school together. since then, it's been that way.

she'd attend classes and excel in her academics in the morning shift, eat on a lunch date with a client, return to school and attend classes again, supervise the home econ club as a passive officer— she gave the role of president to yaoyorozu early in the year, attend basketball practice, go on a date or event with a client, then go home tired.

the only thing that kept her sane were the nightly visits she had from her boyfriend. after being acquainted for more than one year, he'd successfully earned himself a spare key to her home so he wouldn't have to injure himself climbing up walls that he shouldn't really climb.

over time, everyone noticed that the two had gotten closer— to the extent that kenji started tasting something sour underneath his tongue whenever the sight of the two together came in his peripheral vision— jealousy, tasted sour.

but their friends shrugged it off.

"ymari's just doing her job," they always told him.

sure, they can believe what they want.