35 | me, her, and the moon

THIRTY-FIVE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

so far, it had been six dances and three bathroom breaks for the protagonist.

she'd danced with every single one of her clients who she had been introduced to already (that means no bokuto)— away from the public eye as she took all of them one-by-one to the patio outside where the music was clearly heard.

it was the ideal setting— just her, her client, and the moon.

her first dance was kenma kozume who had approached her silently and tugged her out on the patio to talk about their upcoming date— which was also partly the reason why she had decided to take everyone to the patio because of the newfound privacy.

"woah.. it's pretty out here." ymari couldn't help but say as her eyes observed the beautiful night sky.

kenma, who had every intention of agreeing and putting it in a completely different way looked at her, basking in the beauty that was ymari. she had diamonds for eyes and the sweetest smile that always had his heart racing.

so with a smile on his lips as the symphony of the ball speakers played, he asked for her hand to dance, silently agreeing that yes— 'it is indeed pretty out here, but only because of you.'

right before the music was about to end, as with their just-concluded conversation about their upcoming date, kenma had called out her name quietly.

answering with a light hum, she smiled down at him. "hmm?"

hands on her waist and lightly looking up at her due to the protagonist's tall figure, a small smile appeared on his lips.

"i'm looking forward to our date, yma-chan."

she separated from him as the classical hymn dissipated in the night sky and smiled back, a whimsical look on her face.

"me too, ken-ken."

-

the next one was rather unusual. she hadn't expected to be stolen away from her dressing room by the star setter of hyogo— she had planned on approaching him later on anyway, but him pulling her out of nowhere was startling.

she had just changed into her second outfit of the evening in dressing room that maki and the rest of the make-up and styling team had set up when she heard somebody knock on her door.

"who is it?" she asked, thinking that it was probably maki who had pledged she'd retouch her makeup.

when she got no answer, her brows furrowed.

she finished tucking some things into her black corset's bra pockets and decided she'd open the door.

she went over to the door and opened it, when all of a sudden, she was picked up by the waist and put on somebody's shoulder like she weighed nothing.