22 | tokyo

TWENTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"is that the tokyo skytree?!" a loud voice echoed throughout the silent neighborhood at half-past ten on a monday morning.

"boke, hanuka, boke!" the brunette center chopped the back of the pink-haired girl's head.

"that's a normal transmission tower." inko shimura, the 30-year old coach of nippon's national women basketball team sweatdropped.

ichigo bowed lightly at her, "i'm sorry for her. she's got loose bolts."

"hey i do not!"

"you so~ do!"

ymari seinaru, amur hanuka, and haru ichigo were all invited to play for the national team of japan.

inko smiled at the lively bunch, "it's fine."

she then looked at the girl beside her, "seinaru, would you like a tour around the place?"

the 5'11ft black haired girl looked down at her blonde haired coach who was around 5'8ft. "it's fine, we've been here before."

she glanced at the duo, "they're just idiots."

the girls who were mentioned, froze in place.

"she's talking about us, isn't she?"

"..yeah."

inko laughed lightly, "you'll meet the rest of the team at lunch. for now, let's get you settled in, shall we?"

the three nodded, lugging their belongings behind them as they followed their coach to the hotel they would call home for the next few weeks.

-

the three girls shared a bedroom, there's no surprise there. ymari had the bed closest to the window, whilst hanuka was in the middle, and ichigo was the one nearest to the door.

they were in the president suite of hotel de venice smack dab in the heart of tokyo, rented out by japan's volleyball association— it had a living room that connected to a small kitchen, and a single bedroom. it seems as if their coach and the management had enough connections and budget to pull through with these kinds of luxury.

at present, hanuka was in front of the television, seated on the carpeted floors, watching an american sitcom and laughing every once in a while like an idiot high off drugs, ichigo was on the couch behind her, scrolling through her phone, while their captain, seinaru, was in the shower.

"hey.." hanuka suddenly spoke.

ichigo glanced up from her phone and to the pink haired girl who still had her eyes glued to the television. "hmm?"