92 | in this life and the next

NINETY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

STEPPING OUTSIDE THE CAR, Tooru Oikawa locked it shut with a click of the high-tech remote that came with the keys. He parked right at the curb of the place. It's not like he was going to take a long time here, anyway.

Truthfully, he didn't come to Tokyo solely for the Olympics. Sure, it was his main goal, but the fact of the matter is that he also had an errand to run here.

And by errand, he means a meeting that involves his volleyball career.

He was supposed to be here earlier, however, with the circumstance of Iwaizumi, he was unable to do so. He's just grateful that the person he was meeting was understanding enough to consider his circumstance.

Iwaizumi. His eyes narrowed as he thought of his best friend.

He should have known it was a bad idea to bring him along with Seinaru's boyfriend training. However, back then he was under the impression that he didn't need to be wary of him. This was Iwa-chan after all. Iwaizumi wasn't even interested when he kept pestering him about getting a girlfriend to make the rest of his high school days less boring.

Oikawa used to wonder why and how the ace had gotten accustomed to the fact that he was a boyfriend in training. However, when the setter caught sight of the girlfriend who teaches them that very night of the ICS ball, all air was knocked out of his lungs. He was welcomed by the sight of the girlfriend for hire in a pristine all white ball gown.

His first thought that evening was— "She looks so beautiful in white."

He's always found her beautiful.

He remembers when he first met her at the coffee shop all those years ago. He was in his second year of middle school, with Iwaizumi that day when a beautiful girl entered the café, saying that her name was 'Futakuchi'. He remembered her name. But was unable to track her down. When he found out in his third year that there was a player with a surname of Futakuchi on the opposing team during the semi-finals of inter-middle, he started asking around, but came to a blank. Apparently, there wasn't a black-haired Futakuchi girl in Hakuou, only a brunette, one of the volleyball players' twins.

By fate, he met her again at the bus stop. He was looking for a girlfriend for his friend, Iwaizumi at the time. It was half a joke, just to mess with his friend. However, when he learned that the girl was a girlfriend for hire, who even mistook him as Yahaba, his kouhai and the girl's previous client, his plans have altered. He decided he'd want to join in too, have the fun that he recommended for Iwaizumi to have.

But also, he wanted to get an opportunity to be close to the girl that he had only gotten to see for briefly five minutes long ago and see if he could get her to stay for a little while longer this time.