72 | other half

play can't help falling in love for this chapter.

it's required, trust me.

-

SEVENTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

seventeen dates. that's how many dates she's been on since the beginning of the school year, and it had only been two weeks.

in the span of those two weeks, she managed to train and do her academics diligently, while working after classes by going on dinner dates with her clients.

however, there's this saying, "you cannot serve two masters at the same time" that was written in bold letters in the rulebook of life.

this didn't fully apply to her, but the fact stays that while she's out and about doing something else, she's bound to neglect something.

and by something, i think we all know it means someone.

terushima sighed against his palm for the nth time that day, eyes wandering back and forth from the cafeteria doors to the empty seat in front of him that was delegated for a certain someone.

"quit sighing and tell us what's up." utsui munched on her third ham and cheese sandwich of the day.

she was sat beside her brother, who was sat in front of sakurai. sakurai sat to terushima's left, while imayoshi sat to his left, and wakamatsu sat on terushima's right.

so it was basically utsui, kenji, and two empty seats— then in front of them were imayoshi, sakurai, terushima, and wakamatsu.

terushima glanced at the girl, and saw that everyone sat on the table was now looking at him as they awaited a response.

"is shekinah-san not gonna show?" he asked.

kenji looked at him with narrowed eyes, before relaxing. "she's out today."

"again?" terushima blinked, sitting up straight. his tone was a bit harsh but he didn't mean for it to come out like that.

"come to think of it, she hasn't joined us for lunch at all since classes started." imayoshi pondered the thought.

"we actually had lunch with her on the first day." sakurai revealed, pointing towards utsui and himself.

"what?" terushima pouted. "that's kinda unfair. she barely even talks to me anymore. it's like she's too busy for me."

the table was silent at the boy's clingy demeanor, and utsui took it upon herself to take the awkwardness out.

"huh?" utsui snorted. "what are you? her boyfriend or something?"

she expected him to say no, since with basketball, academics, and being involved in ymari's work, she kinda forgot about the whole ordeal the two had.

"actually, yeah." terushima blinked cluelessly. "i thought you knew?"