98 | lore

"Sa pagsulnop kan aldaw, ika ang sakuyang pahingalo, namomotan, asin erokan."  ↬  

-

NINETY-EIGHT. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

AND WHILE HE WALLOWED IN THE REGRET OF GIVING HER PAIN..

She was in the arms of another.

-

Ukai had a frown on his face as he sat across the bleached blonde-haired male who had barely given him any regard when they had come across each other during the game of Johzenji versus Karasuno in the Spring Inter-high qualifiers.

He recalls the way the boy had become so nonchalant with life. He'd gone from the boy who had his composure almost every second, except for the few moments he was with Ymari, to a boy who seemed to have no care for anything that went on in his life.

Ukai could only imagine the torture his parents had to go through. Living with someone who didn't know himself at all.

The torture Yuuji himself had put himself through. Being someone he wasn't.

When he lost his memory, he lost himself.

He lost a huge part of himself. Ukai used to wonder how he took it the moment his memories came back.

In front of him was no longer the composed boy Ymari-chan introduced to him when she was in middle school, neither was he the nonchalant captain of Johzenji he met during the qualifiers. In front of him, lips quivering as he tried to suppress the sobs that desperately clawed in his lungs, hold back the tears that threatened to escape his eyes, was Yuuji Terushima – completely, and utterly broken after he just retold the story of how he came to remember everything.

"Yuuji." Ukai mumbled, sighing as his arms crossed over one another. "Pull yourself together."

Terushima meekly nodded, afraid to reopen his lips because he knows that if he did, it would possibly lead to another breakdown similar to the one he had the early morning his memories came back.

"You didn't have to tell me everything." Ukai spoke, his tone less hostile than when he acknowledged the boy's presence in the arena earlier.

He told to boy that if he wanted to talk, they should go someplace else. Terushima took him to the hotel he was staying at. Tachibana concluded that her presence wouldn't be necessary, so after greeting Ukai who she'd been acquainted with when she was in middle school with Ymari, she left to meet up with her girlfriend who was also in Tokyo today.

So there the two of them were, Yuuji and Ukai, sat across each other in the lounge room of the former's hotel room.

"I.." Terushima's voice broke. "I wanted to explain myself. I didn't.. I didn't mean for any of it to h-happen.."