15 | the ceo's niece

FIFTEEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

tobio kageyama sat awkwardly on the fluffy white mattress of a certain black-haired girl's bed.

his cheeks were flushed red and his hands were slightly shaking as one of them held onto the remote control of the flat screen tv inside the room.

greyish-white walls surrounded him while black and grey curtains adorned the sliding windows that overlooked the neighborhood. a bedside table was laid right on his left. there were three doors inside the room- one led to the hallways where he'd just come from, one was presumably the closet, and the other was the bathroom. a computer gaming set up was parallel to the bedside table, while a television was screwed right onto the wall in front of him. his eyes met a small picture frame laid on the bedside table that had the photograph of a presumably 7-year old hetero-eyed girl with her black hair in pigtails who wore a yellow and white sundress with cute little white ballet flats. she had a grin on her face as she posed for the camera. the background was the tokyo tower at sunset.

his cheeks flushed again when he was given the reminder of who that girl in the photo is... and where he was.

he was in ymari's bedroom.

a few minutes ago, while the girl had instructed ushijima to go downstairs while she would just follow later, she had led the ravenette setter inside her room to avoid any issues.

she knew about the rivalry between him and oikawa, and was aware of the fact that ushijima was still "hung up on losing to somebody from the concrete" as hinata had worded it to her in one of their exchanged text messages.

"i-i don't think i should go inside your.. r-room." kageyama gulped as he looked away earlier when the girl opened her bedroom door to let him inside.

the girl looked at him with curious eyes, "huh? why not?"

kageyama kept his head turned away as he tried to suppress the embarrassment he'd been feeling. "well, it's... improper."

the girl thought over his words for a while before she shook her head. "it's not improper if i'm inviting you in."

"but-"

"just go inside. my room's not haunted, you know?"

she intertwined her hands with his big ones, making the setter's eyes widen as he abruptly looked at her with extremely red cheeks. "yma-"

"ne, ne, tobio~" a lazy grin graced her face as her eyes held mild amusement in them. "are you embarrassed?"

when the boy just looked away as an attempt to hide his red blushing cheeks, the girl giggled.

"i'm just teasing you." she grinned.

her right hand touched the boy's cheek as she made him turn to look at her. "just go inside, okay? it makes me feel guilty to have you walking around your rivals like this."