59 | untidy uniform

FIFTY-NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"ymari, breakfast!" sana seinaru called out from the kitchen.

two months. it had been two months since her mother's passing. and two months since she started school. during the duration of those days, her aunt had moved in her house and became her guardian both on legal papers and in reality.

ymari's eyes squinted at the bright streams of light that entered her room as she begrudgingly stood up from her bed and went to the bathroom to shower and get ready.

a few minutes later, the girl was freshly showered and already dressed in her uniform. a white blouse, white pleated skirt that reached mid-thigh, long white socks, black shoes, a white blazer, and a light gray ribbon. her hair was let down in its usual short waves.

she stared at her reflection in the mirror and sighed.

it's been two whole months and she was still a wreck.

she grabbed her gray bag and paved her way downstairs to finally join her aunt for breakfast.

"itadakimasu." she muttered underneath her breath before chowing down the pancakes and hashbrowns.

sana smiled slightly as she looked at her niece. it was nice to have the girl eat again. right after sena passed away, the girl didn't eat for at least an entire week. seeing her finally make an effort to eat a whole meal was enough to ease sana's worries of seeing the world suffer continuously.

"are the twins coming over?" she asked as she too, ate her breakfast.

ymari looked up from her meal and swallowed her food. she shrugged, "i'm not entirely sure. utsui has morning practice and so does kenji. maybe they went to school earlier than usual."

the twins and ymari both have to travel to an entirely different place every single day just to go to school as the three of them all live in downtown sendai.

sana nodded, "alright then. should i go ahead and walk you to the bus stop before i start work?"

sana was currently ics' executive secretary, replacing ymari's mother's position in the company. she had permission to work remotely right now but both her and ymari know that she will eventually have to work on-site.

the younger seinaru just shook her head she wiped her lips with the table napkin. "that won't be necessary, obaasan."

she bowed lightly as she stood up, "i'll be brushing my teeth then i'll be off."

-

the bus was relatively at peace, with the exception of the constant white noise that the murmurs of passengers brought.

ymari leaned against the sills of the open windows of the bus as she watched the trees of downtown sendai fade into the modern suburbs of uptown sendai. she was seated at the very back of the right side of the bus with an empty seat beside her. she prefers sitting at the back because there's far less chatter there than at the front.