86 | the prodigal five

a/n: i'll be changing the manner in which i  write my chapters also, they won't be lowercase from this point on. i'll go back to edit soon.

EIGHTY-SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

THE PRODIGAL FIVE. The moment you hear the title, if you were knowledgeable enough of the basketball industry, it would send your heart into orbit and make your knees buckle at the first syllable.

To be honest, even if you didn't know their title, one look at them would send people into oblivion.

Acosta Kaibara, the immovable center who had raw strength that was unparalleled by all centers in the world.

Standing at an intimidating height of 6'7 at present, the purple-haired giant of Argentina was considered the prodigal center of the five. Nevermind the fact that she only stood at 6'5 barely a month ago, her foreign blood and gifted genes gave her the unprecedented height and strength no one at youth world could live up to.

Hardworking, gifted, skilled, and dedicated to her craft. That's how most people would describe her. Unlike others who were gifted with immense talent and height, she didn't slack off, instead, she actually works hard to reach its full potential.

She never gave much regard to anyone except herself.

That was until she got lumped into the prodigal five.

She was grouped with four other prodigies from around the world, an honor, one would say. But what good does an honor do you if you don't constantly work hard to prove yourself worthy of it?

The girl stepped inside the hotel where she was asked to go – or summoned to be precise. Her team just arrived a few hours ago, so imagine her surprise when her phone dinged with an almost unfamiliar email that she had to blink twice and pinch herself to see if what she was seeing was correct.

With a sigh, she looked at the elevator doors that just opened, entering once she had the opportunity to do so, all while ignoring the blatant stares from the people around her, wondering how someone as tall as her could have existed.

-

The United States of America was known for its wide range of basketball players. They were home to the National Basketball Association that was known worldwide. They produced some of the world's most famous basketball prodigies. There was Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Stephen Curry, and so much more players who had record-breaking strength.

It wasn't much of a surprise when they also managed to lead a female player to youth world's best.

However, unlike men, women who played basketball in their country weren't so much as favored. Sure, they had the support system, but since the talent came quite often, its commonness made the moral support low with the expectations kept high.