57 | new student

FIFTY-SEVEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

waking up was absolute torture.

the blinds streamed inside her kitchen's window, hitting her cornea and waking her up rather harshly. ymari slowly got up, using her arms for support as she got up, realizing that she'd slept on the floor because of last night.

'i really ended up passing out, huh?' she thought to herself as she stood up.

she flinched when her sore knuckles accidentally grazed the table. she glanced at it and remembered what she'd done on a whim last night. punched a wall like a shitty little sad girl.

'stupid.'

she sighed, glancing down at herself and seeing that she was still in her uniform. she went upstairs to her room to shower and then change into a fresh set of her uniform.

minutes later, the girl was combing her ink black hair as she trudged downstairs.

ymari was now in her third week of middle school in hakuou academy. the wound left by her mother's death was still fresh, however, life had to go on no matter how much she wanted for it to be over already.

she started school the day before the burial ceremony of her mother, but she didn't actually attend during those days.

she grabbed her bag off the floor where she'd dropped it last night, went over to the door to put on her school shoes and locked the residence and the gate as she left.

she made her way to the bus stop, but paused when she saw a convenience store she often went to. she entered, the door's bell making a distinct ring that someone had entered.

she went over to the food and beverage section and just grabbed things she liked and threw them into the basket she took by the entrance. she made her way to the counter and stared blankly into space as the cashier checked out the items.

keishin ukai blinked at the familiar girl, noticing the lost expression in her eyes. "hey kid.."

ymari looked up at him, "huh?"

"oh how much is it?" she asked, thinking that ukai was asking for the payment.

ukai shook his head. "i'm sorry for your loss."

ymari was taken aback that he said that, she'd seen him almost everyday for her whole life, since he was a student in high school til' now, but she's never been introduced to him before— was he an acquaintance of her mother?

she only blinked back the anguish that threatened to flow through her veins.

"your mom and i used to be good friends, being neighbors and all. even your aunt, sana, we went to college together." the man told her as he continued checking out her items.