99 | kin-kei

a/n: #1 in tsukishima tag + 199.7k reads [EDIT!! 200k reads 10-15 mins after pub of ch174 <3]! may 05 2022. check out my sakuatsu angst fic if u have time, omk? hehe <3 

NINETY-NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

JAPAN WON THEIR FOURTH GAME. They secured their upcoming match in the prelims. If they win their fifth, then there's the sixth. Once that's also won, there's the seventh and eighth. After all that's said and done, there'll only be the quarter finals, the semi-finals, and the finals to look forward to.

The fifth, sixth, and seventh games were to be held tomorrow, one after the other. With a lot of teams already eliminated, the North wing was only left with half of the number there originally was.

"The remaining games start tomorrow." Seinaru pointed at the 1800x1200mm whiteboard that stood on the side of the court they rented out, the very same place they've been using for practice.

"Five and six, the current starters will play." She motioned at Ichigo, Hanuka, Takemichi, Ryuguji, and Inosuke.

She was organizing the lineups for the upcoming games, in the likely case scenario that they'll make it to the quarter finals and have to deal all the remaining prelim games.

The girl had gotten back to their house a few hours ago after her visit to Atsumu. The team got back after their fourth win to wash up and rest before they had to practice, which brings us to the present.

"Seven and eight, Utsui, Kasai, Saito, Nozomi, and Takemichi." She announced as the entire team read the handouts that Saito had photocopied the day prior.

"We have a day and a half left for prelims, after that's the quarter finals. Tomorrow, we have three prelim games, the next day we have one remaining, and one match for quarter finals." She said.

Takemichi raised her hand. "Do the semi's begin the day after that?"

"Yes and no." Seinaru answered, looking at the blonde. "The semi-final matches will begin and end on the same day, which means our finals is on Friday."

Jordan had her hand raised, making Seinaru motion for her to speak.

"Are we certain that there'll only be one semi-final game?"

Her question hung around the air for ten seconds. It was a question no one wanted to ask, knowing that there was a possibility that their worst nightmare might happen. It was quiet before Seinaru decided to answer.

"No." She shared a glance with the coach who had a serious look on her face, before looking back at Jordan's purple-colored orbs. "In the rare chance that five teams make it to the semi finals, we'll have to go toe-to-toe with a round robin, and you know what that means."