108 | you're getting weak

ONE HUNDRED EIGHT. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

ACOSTA KAIBARA OF THE PRODIGAL FIVE IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

Point after point scored by Japan, she chases them and racks up Argentina's own points with vigorous rebounds and aggressive jumping power. Her adrenaline was pulsing through her veins, and the fact that Seinaru didn't appear to be playing with her utmost potential ticked her off and made her play even more aggressively.

"What are-" Huff. "- you -" Huff. "- doing?" She asks Seinaru in between large gulps of breath.

Her adrenaline was slowly taking a toll on her body, and it was only the beginning of the third quarter.

Seinaru looks at her current state and hums as she walks normally while their teams were going at it with full force. "Playing."

Kaibara's heart clenched in anger. "You told me to play like the Prodigal Five's Kaibara so I want to play against the Prodigal Five's Sein-"

"Are you certain you want to go against me?" Seinaru cut her off, looking back at her with a sharp look in her heterochromatic orbs. When the latter didn't reply, she walked away.

Kaibara stood there biting her tongue, her feet glued to the ground despite her anger and annoyance.

It's common knowledge that when Seinaru really plays, it simply wouldn't be interesting anymore.

-

Utsui, who was playing shooting guard attempts a jump shot, but a flash of purple dims her vision as Kaibara shows off her fast reflexes by blocking the brunette's shot and the ball goes out of bounds.

Japan gets ball possession and Ichigo quickly goes under the net to pass to Hanuka, who then passes the ball to Nozomi, who was playing small forward. Nozomi manages to dribble the ball past Castillo and then aims for a three-point shot. However, Kaibara blocks her effortlessly and Arias catches the ball.

Arias makes a long pass to Lucero, who immediately goes for a three-pointer and makes the shot.

66 - 66, tie.

Argentina racks up their points every time Japan does, but after the inbound pass of Nozomi, Utsui throws a full court pass to Seinaru who slowly runs up the court but is confronted by Kaibara who is still hung up on the short conversation they had a few minutes ago.

"I'm certain." Kaibara declares, referring to Seinaru's question earlier. "I'll stop your shots, no matter what it takes. Let me go against you."

Seinaru blinks as she dribbles the ball a bit slower than earlier. "I see."

"Well..." She takes a small side-step, keeping her blue and green eyes on Kaibara's purple ones in a stoic gaze as she speaks. "That will never happen, but-"