6 | the great king

SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

hajime iwaizumi's eye twitched as he heard tooru oikawa's words repeat for the seventh time that day.

"ne, ne, iwa-chan. did you know that your head wouldn't be so hot if you had a girlfriend." he lectured, acting smart as they waited at the bus stop.

it had been quite a while since the end of their spring national qualifiers, and yet oikawa seemed to not make any progress at moving on. the only reason iwaizumi was letting him off to act like the idiot he was right now was because he thinks it would help the setter jump back to his old self. but clearly not. he was acting goofy, sure- but iwaizumi knew deep inside that the guy was just using these obnoxious remarks and proposals to cover up the fact that he is still salty and lonely about their loss in the just-ended volleyball competition.

iwaizumi was about to react rashly, when oikawa's bus finally came. grateful for the intervention, he sighed.

"but don't worry, the great king shall help you get one!" he grinned, flashing him a peace sign before he boarded the bus.

his smile quickly left his face as he looked for an empty seat. he spotted one over at the back and made his way there. he didn't even take notice of his seatmate, it wasn't like it mattered.

he pulled out his phone and plugged his earphones in, playing the video recording of the game that he should have won.

he was still sour.

it had been so long since the spring qualifiers. he and iwaizumi should have been training for nationals at this time but they were dethroned by no-wing karasuno.

as the part where he failed to receive the ball in the end played, his brows furrowed in frustration as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

he took a deep breath to calm himself before he broke down again. he reminded himself that he was on a public transport, and letting himself break down here was stupid and humiliating.

he wiped his unshed tears off with his white handkerchief. as he did so, his eyes caught sight of the person seated beside him. his breath hitched and he blinked repeatedly.

it was a beautiful girl with wavy black hair that curled at the ends that she wore in a ponytail. she had a thin nose, and he could only imagine that her eyes were beautiful under those lids. she had pink plump lips that were swiped with light lip gloss, long eyelashes that made her look like a doll, high cheekbones, and a sharp jawline that defined her face well. she looked feminine but had a strong personality.

she was wearing a zipped up white tracksuit jacket that had red linings that highlighted the neckline, the cuffs of the sleeves and the hem. for her shorts- oikawa's cheeks flushed. she was wearing an extremely tight pair of yoga shorts in the color black. he couldn't see but he could only imagine that the girl had a figure that was to die for.