118 | weirdos

ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

AS THE GEARS INTERLOCKED WITH A PRECISION AKIN TO CLOCKWORK, Ymari and Terushima delved into a conversation about their shared history over the past half-hour. Their first meeting, her first game that he witnessed in person, the bloody Valentine's Day of Hakuou, and much more. The symphony of time surrounded them, providing a silent soundtrack to the echoes of days long gone. Breaking the silence, Terushima finally spoke.

"You know," he began, his voice cutting through the hum of their shared past, "those days feel like a different lifetime..."

Ymari nodded in agreement as she sipped on the now cold cup of coffee that Terushima stirred up for her, "Yeah."

"I miss those days," Terushima confessed once more.

Ymari noticed the slight yearning in his tone, alerting her that the boy was about to say something that she might not like.

"Can we give it another shot?"

There it was. Ymari should have seen it coming. The civil and calm Yuuji Terushima she'd been talking to in the past half hour wasn't really the one she knew- at least not completely. And if this was really the Terushima she'd left him as, the 2nd year child before he forgot about her, she should have expected him to be as pushy as he is now.

"The past is a beautiful place to visit but never to stay, Terushima." Ymari remarked, her mood shifting subtly.

Though she was relieved that things were okay between them now, she had no intention of abandoning her girlfriend for hire profession to go down memory lane with him. And if that's what he's hinting at, then this reunion was about to come to an end. 

"Why not?" Terushima pressed on, looking at her like she was being unreasonable.

The Terushima she knew...

"We can create new memories together."

She looked at him through thick lashes, her blue and green irises assessing his features. He looks determined, his lips pulled down and he gazed at her with fervor.

"Mari-chin, I'm here now. You don't have to be a paid girlfriend anymore."

The Terushima she knew definitely knows how to ruin a good thing when he has it.

A flicker of frustration passed over Ymari's face. "I won't abandon everything I have now for you."

She thought of her clients and Atsumu, her publicly acknowledged boyfriend.

"Mari-chin, we can go back where we left off." Terushima persisted, his plea growing more fervent.

Ymari shook her head resolutely, realizing the futility of the conversation.