117 | burden

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

What is love?

It's the most abused word, that most people grapple to obtain, yet they do not fully understand the concept. This remarkable force often defies explanation, despite how hard people try to unravel its ruminations.

Love has different meanings for different people, places, and experiences.

Love could be need-based.

Love could be your passion.

Love could be fun.

Love could be happiness.

But...

Love can also be pain.

Love can be arguments at home, glass breaking against the kitchen counter at 12AM because dad came home drunk.

Love can be heartbreak, letting someone go not because you want to, but you must.

Love...

Love can be someone who forgot about you completely.

So, tell me...

Is love something we could authentically understand, or is it forever destined to remain as could-bes and can-bes; way beyond our grasp?

As a girlfriend for hire, there have been fragments in Ymari's life when a fleeting connection felt deeper, and when an unspoken understanding seemed to bridge the gap between hearts. She had encountered moments of tenderness, vulnerability, and care, both given and received.

But could these fragments truly be called love, or were they mere echoes of its presence?

Ymari slowly began to stir from her unconscious state, her mind gradually returning to awareness. Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by the gentle intrusion of light. As her surroundings came into focus, she realized she was in an unfamiliar room, a sense of disorientation washing over her.

Before she could fully orient herself, a voice broke through the silence, jolting her senses.

"You're awake," An unexpected wave of nostalgia washed over the ravenette's soul and caught the oxygen her lungs in a chokehold.

Her ocean blue and emerald green eyes bore holes into the walls of the unfamiliar room. As she continued to stare at the empty space, for a fleeting moment, she could physically feel her lungs gasping for air as though she was being purposely forced to drown in the ocean deep.

Silence hung in the air for a moment, as Ymari processed the situation. The brown-haired boy with bleached highlights' presence brought back memories she had long kept at bay.