13 | just physical therapy

THIRTEEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"ne, ne~ i'm so tired." the pink haired power forward, hanuka, banged her head against the cafeteria table as she whined.

ichigo, who was sat beside hanuka rolled her eyes as she swallowed her sushi, "you're overreacting, our training isn't even that hard, right cap?"

the mentioned girl who sat across of them, also eating her lunch, picked up a salami and shoved it in her mouth, chewing like a normal person would. she gave a lame shrug as an answer to her teammates' query.

it was lunch time on a monday, and she was roped to eating lunch with these two simply because hanuka was being a persistent little motherf-

"we've been spending so much time training that i haven't even had the time to talk to my beautiful fans~" hanuka cried anime tears in exaggerated whining.

it was true. their training regimes for the upcoming spring high national tournament was taking a toll on their physique and their time.

the usually-chill training schedules became so hectic, that even the captain, ymari seinaru had to compromise some contracts- she had rejected some immediate contracts that required her to go to several fancy places for a dinner date, an engagement party, and a business event for multiple potential clients of which she refused. not also that, with the number of clients she had right now- atsumu miya, wakatoshi ushijima, tooru oikawa and his friend, kei tsukishima, and lastly, the guy she doesn't see as a client rather as a good friend, kenma kozume- she had to reduce the hours of training she did. needless to say, miss ma'am had a lot on her plate.

"stop your yappin'." ichigo slapped the back of her head with a grunt, ignoring the pink haired power forward's groans of pain after. "if anyone here's been training so hard overtime, it's cap."

the black haired girl looked up at them as she swallowed another salami. "i actually haven't trained overtime lately, i've been busy with work and it's taking a huge toll on my training."

the two basketball players in front of her had stars inside their eyes as they looked at each other. that was the most their captain has ever said to them in one go! score! after two years, they finally got to her cold heart!

"ne~ why have you been spending so much time on work then?" hanuka snapped out of her fangirl trance and asked her captain a question.

"yeah, isn't it supposed to be just physical therapy?" ichigo asked, chewing on a vegan sushi.

the captain only shrugged, making her two teammates sweatdrop at her stubbornness.

hanuka tried to pry once more, "tell us, do you have other long-term clients aside from ushijima of shiratorizawa?"

ymari momentarily froze when she heard what the girl say but the relaxed after realizing that maybe she found out about the setting being long-term from ushijima, who hopefully, said that it was just physical therapy.

"uh, yeah i do." she coughed a bit before taking a sip of her apple juice.

"oooh~ who? tell us, tell us!" the very giddy power forward looked up at her with stars in her eyes.

ymari cringed at the excitedness of the girl and shook her head. "i'm under nda on most of my clients. so i can't tell."

"what's nda-" hanuka got cut off when ichigo bonked her head.

"tch, it's non-disclosure agreement, boke!" she scolded. "that means she can't tell anyone else about their business arrangements."

hanuka clutched her probably-bruised head, "aw, so violent, ichihöe."

"ew, so boke, hanucünt." the pixie haired girl mimicked the girl's whining with an eyeroll.

hanuka only grumbled in defeat before she looked back up at her captain, "so can you tell us about those that are not on nda?"

"no."

the girl sweatdropped and then continued pestering her captain. "but cappp~ i really wanna know!"

"no."

"eeehh~ just their schools?" she pried.

"no."

hanuka pouted, "their second names?"

"i highly doubt they have second names. nevertheless, no."

"aww~ their mothers names?" she tried pushing some more.

"no."

"pet's names?"

"they probably don't have pets." another question turned down.

"hmpf!" she crossed her arms in front of the other as she thought of what to ask next. "can't you just tell us a bit about them? like a keyword? clue? something about them? just anything?"

ichigo raised her empty ceramic plate over the power forward's head, ready to break it into her skull for annoying them so much when her captain's response stopped her.

"sure." ymari shrugged, finishing off her food and then clearing the plate.

even ichigo was intrigued as she and hanuka leaned across the table as they opted to listen more to their captain.

"they're all volleyball players." she disclosed with a light sigh.

"ooooh~" hanuka clapped as she beamed excitedly. "didn't know miss big-shot baller was into volleyball players!"

ymari shrugged as she drank her apple juice. "it's purely coincidence that they're all volleyball players."

"no shit, their training must be hard as hell for them to constantly need pt." ichigo pitched in her opinion while hanuka agreed with a nod.

ymari looked away at the mention of her white lie- pt : physical therapy. that's what they think her job is.

"but do you really need to cut off on training for that? can't you compromise just until the tourna's over?" the pixie haired brunette center added as she looked over to her captain.

ymari blinked. she thought about it. she even thought about cutting off all contracts because she couldn't risk her basketball career for something as small as such. but yet again, she was held back by her life motto: 'when i start something, i finish it'.

"i can't." she bit her tongue.

she quickly dismissed the topic when she checked her watch then looked up at her teammates as she sipped the last drop of her apple juice, "we have history in five."

they were classmates, all in class 2-genesis (ap college classes). they basically have the same schedule- aside from the fact that on mondays the other two had an elective that she wasn't attending- she had research, the two had environmental science.

the two nodded as they followed their captain who was now walking out the cafeteria. and as usual, all eyes were on them.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━