40 | fun things

FORTY. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"we're sorry for disappointing you, captain!" the nippon team— except ymari and utsui— bowed as soon as the captain entered the changing rooms.

seinaru blinked at them blankly, ignoring the sweat that slowly dripped down her forehead from running around too much during the last quarter of the game.

"huh?" she asked cluelessly.

ichigo was the first one to get up. she had a guilty look on her face as she cradled her right arm that got torn off it's hinges.

"sir! we understand that you're disappointed. we let you down. we're sorry that we disturbed your rest and we had to let you play. but we hope you understand that if you didn't sub in, we wouldn't have won, sir!" she bowed again, her brown hair covering her eyes.

seinaru just blinked at the team before glancing at utsui who gave her an encouraging nudge, as if to say, 'well?'

the captain looked at her team again and sighed. she put her hand on her hips before saying what was on her mind.

"i'm not disappointed." she said, blinking. "you're all stupid for thinking that."

the girls simultaneously shot up and looked at her with wide eyes.

"you're.. not?" nozomi slowly asked.

"she just said she wasn't, pay attention." utsui snickered, slinging an arm over the apple-loving girl's shoulder.

hanuka wasn't having any of it. she felt really bad that she had to let her captain play due to her incompetence. "but we disturbed your rest—"

"i enjoyed the game." seinaru walked off, slinging her bag on her shoulder as she made her way into the shower rooms to clean herself up.

she gave her team a backwards glance and a closed-lip smile before sauntering off.

"i hope you did too."

-

utsui soon followed after ymari who was on her way to the loo, carrying a large black gym bag that most certainly was not part of the nippon merchandise. in short, it was something one of them brought on purpose.

"i took your stuff with me before the game started, just like you asked." utsui fell into step with her good friend and captain.

the girl nodded, blankly staring into oblivion as they walked together quietly, the only sounds echoing through the empty backstage hallways were their basketball shoes clad feet's gentle pitter patter.

when they arrived at the women's loo, nobody was there. utsui locked the main door while ymari slipped inside a cubicle, now carrying the gym bag that utsui brought.