21 | piggy back ride

TWENTY-ONE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

yawning, ymari seinaru walked outside her home, dragging her dark red luggage on wheels behind her.

it was five in the morning, and the sun was yet to rise. the air was cold against the bits of her exposed skin, the sky was dark with hues of blue and orange, and the streets were dimly-lit by the streetlights.

her black hair was thrown up in a messy bun atop her head, she wore her niiyama winter tracksuit that was white with shades of black and red over her black tee and shorts, her shoes were normal dark grey slip-ons, and underneath, of course, were iconic socks— this time they were color red with white hearts.

just as she was closing her gates, she heard a barrage of footsteps on the road.

"ymari!" a voice called out to her.

she blinked, locking her gate before looking at the person who called for her.

a small smile graced her face as her eyes met blueberry ones. "oh— tobio."

she figured he'd been running. it was common for athletes to go on morning runs like this to keep their strength and agility on point.

the boy was in dark blue tracksuit coordinates, running shoes, and had beads of sweat framing his exposed skin despite the cold weather. his eyes darted to the luggage bag behind her.

"you're leaving?" he asked, looking back up to meet her eyes.

she nodded, "yes."

he blinked repeatedly, his morning brain not being able to process things logically like a normal person. "so sudden?"

ymari's eyes narrowed at the way he phrased his question, but nodded nonetheless. "yes, it's been scheduled for a while now."

"oh.." he frowned. "how come you never told me?"

"you never asked."

his eyes dropped down solemnly, had he known she'd be leaving all of a sudden, he'd have spent his days with her more wisely.

as for ymari, she was perplexed as to where the sudden solemn expression of kageyama came from. she brushed it off.

"can i at least walk you to the train station?" he asked in a sad tone.

ymari looked at him with suspicious eyes, "tobio.."

"hmm?" he looked up at her with downturned lips.

"where do you think i'm going?" she asked cautiously.

he bit the insides of his cheeks, looking away with vulnerable eyes. "i don't know.. probably moving away or something.."

ymari looked at him with blank eyes for a moment, before bursting into a fit of giggles.