41 | cheer team

note: hinata didn't leave his shoes in their practice gym near jaybird inn. instead, he left them in the locker room backstage assigned to karasuno.

FORTY-ONE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

back at the gym, keishin ukai warns the team that the floor is different from what they are use to and it will be harder for them to slide on.

he encourages them to work up sweat in order to reduce the friction and lessen the chance of possible injuries. so, when the game before them ends, daichi leads the team onto the court to start warming up. ukai comes to realize that the height of the ceiling may pose a possible threat to them as the size of the gym may cause the players to take longer to adjust to when it comes to sense of distance.

at this point, everyone was already warming up. but among the team of black, white, and orange, certain blonde was nowhere to be found.

yamaguchi looked around, not spotting his megane best friend anywhere, "hey guys, have you seen tsukki?"

hinata, who was acting as the ball boy as he waited for kiyoko to retrieve his shoes that he left in the locker rooms looked at yamaguchi. "tsukishima still hasn't returned?"

kageyama, who was previously discussing pre-game nerves with sugawara overheard their conversation and frowned.

sugawara noticed this and decided to console the official setter, "tsukishima will be back soon, don't worry."

"i'm not worried about him." kageyama immediately answered, tossing a ball and then receiving it.

sugawara sweatdropped, "then why do you look so tense?"

"he's somewhere he shouldn't be." the setter answered, setting the ball again.

"and who are you to dictate where i should and shouldn't be?" the familiar voice of the tall megane condescendingly asked.

kageyama turned around and eyed him in suspicion. "where have you been?"

"i'm sorry, your highness. but as far as i know, you don't need to know everything about me." tsukishima rolled his eyes at the setter.

sugawara noticed the tension between the two and nudged daichi.

daichi saw this and frowned. "hey quit it. warm-up is almost over."

tsukishima glared at kageyama one last time before deciding to brush past him forcibly. in a low tone, he spoke. "seinaru-san will be cheering for me."

kageyama stiffened, while tsukishima looked back at him with a mocking smirk on his face. "don't get jealous now, your highness. we've got a game ad we can't afford a broken setter."