Chapter Two

I couldn't help but be shocked at the sight in front of me. My Father was home, earlier than expected, and had both royal princes in his tow. One of whom was in excessive chains and a muzzle.
The nurses, healers, and myself alike all fell to our knees in reverence of their highnesses.
"Hello, Asgardians!" Thor bellowed, he had a large smile on his face and held control of his younger brother's chains, "Fear not, we are not here to pillage but I seek you help!"
I tried to meet my Father's eyes, hoping I could piece together an explanation for the visit of Asgard's heirs.
"Iwald here has told us you are great healers," Thor continued, "I seek your aid on behalf of my brother, Loki. The Allfather has requested he
be fixed up before being brought to his presence. So um, if you could, clean him up I suppose... that'd be very much appreciated!"
The older brother gleamed with a large
smile across his face whilst Loki stood with a mighty scowl. Still kneeling, I did my best to examine him. The prince was cut and bruised and seemed to be suffering to breathe. I wondered why he was in such bad shape and why he was being treated like a prisoner.
"Sigyn," my Father called, lifting me from my kneel, "May you assist us?"
I nodded, "Right this way."
I brought the lot into my small portion of the infirmary, instructing them to sit Loki on the small cot I had.
"Are you a healer of magic or by natural means," Thor asked curiously as I quickly gathered bandages from my surroundings.
"I'm-,"I started before my Father replied for me, "Magic. She's a magic healer."
Thor nodded, the crown prince looked impressed. Loki, on the other hand, paid no attention, he continued to scowl. He stared at me through furrowed brows as if he were trying to scare me.
I made quick work of examining Loki's wounds but most were either covered by his opulent muzzle or his clothing.
"I need to have him unchained, I can't properly examine or even treat him without doing so, and his muzzle must come off," I hastily explained as I carefully dabbed one of the visible cuts with a healing elixir.
Thor and my Father looked at eachother wearily.
"I'm afraid we can't do that, by Odin's orders we must keep him chained," my Father explained.
"Well that does me no good, now does it," I sighed. "He's straining to breathe, I'm sure he has a broken rib, possibly even a concussion," I continued as I quickly flashed a magic light into Loki's eyes, "I can't treat any of this to make him suitable for the allfather without his bounds being released."
My Father and Thor shared a glance before finally unchaining and taking the muzzle off of the prince.
"How dare you bring me back to the this place, to Od-" Loki began to spit, glaring harshly at his brother attempting to get up from the cot.
Quickly, I cut him off and gently pushed him back down, "If you want me to heal your wounds at all, my prince, I would recommended you staying quiet and unmoving. Unless of course, you're content with having a festering cut lay under your muzzle for who knows how long."
To my surprise, as well as to Thor's, Loki did no more than scoff and follow my command. After this, I was able to make quick works of his cuts and bruises. I healed him mostly with magic, suturing cuts and even healing a broken rib. And before long, Loki was in a much better shape than when he had arrived.
"I believe that will be acceptable for now," I concluded, finishing my job with a small bandage to his right arm.
"Thank you, fair maiden!" Thor said, forcefully patting me on the shoulder as I attempted to clean up my workspace, "And forgive me, but what is your name? I must tell Odin of your good work."
"Sigyn," I stated plainly, "Sigyn Iwaldottir."
Thor smiled and made an amused nod as he worked to put his brother back in chains.
"Thank you, Lady Sigyn," Loki said, with a faint of a smirk on his lips before his muzzle was put on again. I nodded and faster than they had arrived, the two princes were off yet again to the palace where they were to meet their father.
This left me with just my Father. Once I knew they were surely gone, I turned to him and hurled questions at him a mile a minute.
"Why was Prince Loki in chains? And so terribly hurt? And Thor! Why in Odin's name was the crown prince of Asgard in our town, in my infirmary? Was Loki the prisoner you were set to retrieve?"
My Father only chuckled, "It's nice to see you too, Sigyn."
I took a deep breath and smiled. It wasn't any of my business to know the royal family's in and outs so I supposed the interrogation could wait.
"Welcome home, papa," I said, hugging him.
Quickly, I packed my things and tidied my work space before I walked home arm in arm with my Father. As we walked home, he received countless smiles, pats on the back, and "welcome home"s. He was quite the celebrity in our small corner of Asgard. Being employed by Odin and the Father of the Iwaldottir girls made him quite well known. Aside from that, our village has always been a friendly one. Everyone knew everyone. This comradery only heightened after my mother's passing and the village banded together to help my Father with all 8 of us. For all he did, I believed he deserved all the notoriety and then some.
After a short walk, we were soon home. Opening the door, my Father was met with an avalanche of affection. All seven of my sisters peppered him with hugs and kisses. He laughed jubilantly, giving each of them their well deserved attention.
As I prepared dinner alongside Hertha, they surrounded him by the fireplace, soaking up all his stories about Midgard. He told them about a band of heroes called the Avengers and about these funny little boxes called cellphones. They listened intently and the triplets came up with questions left and right.
As I butchered the meat for our dinner, I listened in, day dreaming about what life on midgard could possibly be like. Not soon into my wonderland, Hertha knocked me back into reality.
"A little birdie told me a certain prince of Asgard was under your care today," she said quietly, a smirk upon her lips.
I smiled and rolled my eyes, Hertha always had the newest gossip.
"Perhaps I did," I said.
"Now do tell me, sister, who was more desirable? Prince Thor or Prince Loki?"
"Does it matter?"
"Of course!"she exclaimed, "having the opportunity to be in the presence of such fine men is extremely important. Now answer."
"Well then, I suppose I'd have to say Prince Loki."
"Really?" She almost looked surprised.
"Yes, really. I don't know. He just seemed interesting. His eyes were bluer, and he was so tall... Nevermind that, you're distracting me."
Hertha laughed, knocking me gently with her hip. "Sigyn, you must see him again, I'm sure Father can get you an audience with this...talk blue eyed prince you so highly speak of," she teased me.
"I doubt that. I have no interest in him anyways," I stated, "Even I wanted to see him, he's royalty,  far from my status, and I believe he's not in the favor of the Allfather currently, he's most likely receiving visitors."
Hertha just smirked and nodded.
"If anyone of us had the beauty, brains, and ability to marry a prince, it would be you Sigyn."