Chapter Forty-Three

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
The statement still stands. Midgard is absolutely disgusting.

"I swear, I left him right here," I told Thor as we stood outside what remained of Shady Acres Nursing Home.

The building was completely demolished. I was honestly stunned. When I had left Odin here it seemed a fine enough establishment, it was a shame to see it reduced to ruin like the rest of Manhattan.

Thor turned to me with a powerful glare, "Right here on the sidewalk? Or rught there where the building that's being demolished? Great planning."

"How was I supposed to know?" I countered defensively, "Can't see into the future. I'm not a witch, not like Sigyn."

"Then why do you dress like one," Thor asked as he gestured to my exquisitely tailored midgarduan made suit.

"Hey!"

Thor shook his head and sighed, "I can't believe you're alive. Even after these past two days. I saw you die! I mourned for you!"

I laughed, "I'm honored," I said as I rolled my eyes.

Two women were shuffling around us, nervously giggling as they whispered between themselves. Human Women. Awful but still not as bad as human men.

They began to fuss over Thor, asking to take a picture with him to which he commanded me to start figuring out where Odin had gone. It was if he expected me to be omniscient or something. How was I supposed to figure out where he was? As I watched my brother discuss his relationship status with the two girls, a sparking circle of magic began to spin around my feet.

Thor looked at me with a quizzical glance, "What's this, what are you doing?" he asked angrily.

I tried to move but found myself tethered to my position. I looked at my brother with wide eyes before explaining, "This...isn't me."

Suddenly, I dropped out of my brother's sight and began to fall. I completely phased through solid concrete, which is not a delightful experience. My stomach was pulled up to my throat as I fell, and kept falling, and kept falling for thirty damn minutes.

Just as suddenly as I was snapped out of reality and left to fall through who knows how many
dimensions, I slammed down on a hard wooden door with the full force of gravity against me.

I staggered to my feet and saw my brother and some godawful magician in front of me.

"I have been falling...for thirty minutes!" I exclaimed angrily.

The man with the atrocious graying hair turned to Thur and smugly said, "You can handle him from here."

"Yeah, of course," Thor said, shaking his hand curtly, "Thank you very much for your help."

I watched this encounter and couldn't but think they must have known each other. Perhaps this was how my brother was going to finally get rid of me.

"Handle me?" I asked, "Who are you?"

"Loki," Thor warned as I drew my dagger.

"You think you're some kind of sorcerer?" I questioned the man, coming towards him with my dagger ready, "Don't you think for once second, you second rate-"

"Bye, bye," he said with a disgusting cutesy wave before once again I found myself crashing through reality. Good god that was annoying. This time, instead of smacking onto a hard floor I luckily fell onto plain grass. How Thor landed on his feet was beyond me.

As the portal closed behind Thor and me, I looked up to spot a line figure at the other side of the meadow. He stood in front of a cliff with his back turned to us as waves crashed below. I knew instantly it was Odin, sending shivers some my spine.