Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
The second that Sigyn arrived back on that platform, I knew something was wrong. She was out of breath and her hands were shaking. By Thor's heavy breathing, I could tell that they had just barely escaped some peril back in Asgard. But there was more than that, I could tell by Sigyn's parlor and expression.

Just as soon as she steadied herself and the platform ceased its buzzing, she ripped off her helmet. She looked around with wide eyes before finally locking on me. As the rest of the group recuperated, she broke out running towards me before she hugged me tighter than she had ever done before.

I looked towards the platform, looking for any clue as to why Sigyn would seem so...scared. To my surprise, I saw everyone struck with a similar expression as grief. Counting up the suited individuals, I realized we were short just one. Natasha, I recalled as I gathered that the Black Widow was nowhere to be found. And though this was a tragedy, I knew this was not why Sigyn was so upset. Again, I knew there was something more.

Later that night just after Sigyn had prepared dinner for the grieving crew, she immediately retreated to our room without a word. For a moment, I thought it was perhaps best to let her have a moment to herself. After all, I could hardly fathom what Sigyn had faced that day. Maybe she just needed a moment to collect herself.

"You should go after her," Hela said, nudging me gently as she sat beside me.

"Are you sure?" I asked cautiously as Hela stole the roll from my plate.

"Definitely," Hela replied, "Mother needs you."

"How do you know?" I questioned as she sat back.

Hela did no more than shrug. She obviously knew more than she was letting on. By the darkness that seemed to grow behind her eyes and the coldness that surrounded her, I just knew  that there was another part to this story.

"Hela," I begged, "Dear, please. Do you know what's wrong?"

"What I know, is that something is wrong," she said before taking a long sip from her glass, "That's all."

"Lovely," I sighed as I stood up, after pushing in my chair I was hot on Sigyn's tail. I navigated my way through the maze of hallways before finally coming to the small room that had been our home for the past week or so.

"Sigyn?" I called gently as I slowly opened up the door to see Sigyn on the bed, "Is everything alright?"

I don't know quite what I had expected to see her doing, as her aura had been so...jarring earlier, but there she was just...folding laundry in bed. Though she was putting up an act of normalcy, I could tell this was anything but.

"I'm fine,"she insisted as she smiled softly at me, "Just wasn't hungry is all."

"Yeah?" I said as I walked towards her, "So you decided to...come and fold...laundry?"

"Someone needed to," Sigyn replied with a shrug.

"You understand that this is all...odd, right?" I asked as I sat beside her.

Sigyn sighed, dropping the towel she was folding with a huff. She paused for a moment, squeezing her eyes tightly shut as she sat in silence. I knew she had something to say, she was just unsure of how to say it.

The way I was dying for her to spit it all out was unbearable. I wondered what she possible had to say. Had Thor and her slipped up on their mission? Had she broken a vow to me? Perhaps she had betrayed me once and for all? My mind raced as I thought over it all.

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
How in the world could I possibly utter the words I needed to?

I couldn't bear to open my eyes again. To see the expression upon Loki's face as I broke the news. I knew that the second I spoke, his heart would shatter. He wouldn't be able to look at me. I hardly knew if would be able to breathe. And worse of all, I was terrified of the doubt he would inevitably have.