Chapter Fifty-Four

"Hey, so listen, we should talk."

I scowled, gritting my teeth as I hastily typed in a code into a security panel. Turning to my brother I smiled and said, "I disagree. Open communication was never our family's forte."

The door shot open as I pressed enter. Grabbing my gun, I walked through the entranceway with Thor as he said, "You have no idea. I've had quite the revelation since we spoke last."

At the end of the hallway, a gaggle of Skaaraian guards had collected. Hefting up my gun, I smiled at the unsuspecting crowd.

"Hello," Thor said as he did the same.

"Hi!" I said excitingly before completely letting loose of my ammunition and mowing them down. Thor followed suit as we made our way to the net security panel for me to hack.

Slowly getting through, we both dodged behind columns. Turning to him, I said, "Odin brought us together, it's almost poetic that his death should split us apart. We might as well be strangers now. 'Two sons of the crown' set adrift."

Quickly, we both shot out from behind or hiding place and made quick work of the remaining guards. Dropping my gun, I made my way to the next access panel and began typing in a code.

The last thing I wanted to do at that moment was having a heart-to-heart with Thor. I was so sick of all his emotional over-analyzation of our childhood and my family. I was perfectly fine before he came along and decided to muck everything up. I was ruling Asgard, I had a gorgeous wife and child, and I was perfectly happy leaving Odin to die on Midgard. But suddenly, all those luxuries were stripped from me and he had the audacity to lecture me on responsibility.

As the door opened, I was greeted harshly with a large gun to the face. Putting my hands up in defense, I backed up slowly before Thor made quick work of the guard. Within seconds, the guard was flat on the ground. Hastily, Thor brushed past me and said mockingly, "Thought you didn't want to talk about it?"

I looked at the guard, in complete awe of how easy he had been taking out. Looking up at Thor, I quickly followed after him into the elevator and explained, "Here's the thing, I'm probably better off staying here on Sakaar."

Thor chuckled lightly and turned to face me as he said, "That's exactly what I was thinking."

SHocked, I furrowed my brows and looked at him. I expected a lecture on how I had to return home. I was just waiting for him to tell me I was an awful husband or an even worse father.

"Did you just agree with me?"

"Come on, this place is perfect for you," he explained, "It's savage, chaotic, lawless. Brother, you're going to do great here. Just send a postcard to Sigyn please, ya'know, explaining why you're abandoning her."

I scoffed, "Do you truly think so little of me?"

"Loki, I thought the world of you," he said, looking at me with eyes that conveyed a broken heart, "I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever. I truly thought you had turned your life around, Sigyn made it seem that way at least. She believed in you so much that I figured you must have changed. That you must have been the good husband and father she said you were. But, at the end of the day, you're still you, and I'm me..."

"I don't know, maybe there's still good in you," he continued, "but let's be honest, our paths diverged a long time ago. And your path seems to be at a crossroads yet again, either be the man Sigyn believes you to be, or the one you are."

Pursing my lips, I masked my discomfort by saying, "It's probably best I just stay here isn't it? Never seeing you again and just leaving Hela and Sigyn to be saved by you?"