Chapter One Hundred and Eight

"Does he have you girls hostage?" Natasha asked, stepping ever closer with her gun locked firmly upon me.

"Pretty much," Hela said glumly, her tone bored and exasperated.

Sigyn immediately shot a glare in her daughter's direction, "Do you really think it's the best time to joke around when your father is being held at gunpoint?"

Hela simply rolled her eyes and corrected herself, "Sorry, Miss Natasha, my mom wants me to tell you that I'm not being held hostage."

"Your comedic timing is a little off, Bunny," I commented as I put my hands up, finding myself regrettably surrendering to Natasha.

"Sigyn," Roger called as he stood besides the Black Widow, "You told us Loki was dead, mind telling us how he's here?"

"It's a long and complicated story I would be more inclined to tell if there wasn't a gun pointed at him," Sigyn replied as she stepped in front of me, meeting the barrel of Natasha's gun.

"Hi there," Natasha said with a smile, "Long time no see, Goddess."

"Hello," Sigyn said with a genuine kindness in your voice, "Listen, I know you and Loki aren't exactly friends but if you wouldn't mind backing off, I would really appreciate it."

"I trust you," Natasha said with a shrug, "But I certainly don't trust him."

"I'll kill him myself if he harms you or your teammates," Sigyn promised with a smile, outstretching her pinky to the Black Widow.

My brows furrowed as I looked down at the woman before me. Kill me? I thought, barely holding my tongue until I saw her free hand concealed behind her back. Her two slim fingers were crossed behind her as she sealed her promsie to Natasha. Perhaps I really had rubbed off on her. How intriguing, the Goddess of Fidelity lying for my sake. How cute.

As Natasha and Sigyn locked pinkies, the Black Widow finally lowered her gun.

"Now I believe you owe us a story, Sigyn," Rogers said, crossing his arms.

"Loki didn't die," she sighed, "And I didn't know. To put it all plainly, he was floating through space as dust for the past five years before he finally managed to get his way here. To his family."

"Missed a few details along the way," Thor grumbled, glaring at me behind his swollen eye. Though our little quarrel had been weeks ago, he still bore its marks.

"Don't start," I warned, brandishing a dagger.

"Don't give him a reaction," Sigyn said quietly, meeting my eyes as she gently took my hand and traced the new scar. I took a deep breath and steadied myself before hiding the knife once again.

"Well it's been certainly nice to see you all," I lied, grabbing hold of Hela's hand, "Now we really must be leaving."

"Hold on," Natasha countered, "Why's Hela here?"

"She wanted to help save the world or whatever," the rodent said, rolling his eyes as he continued, "Because she's the Goddess of Death or whatever hullabaloo these Asgardian are about. Does anyone have a taco? I bet Lang has a taco."

Steve and Natasha shared a glance.

"We are trying to...bring back the dead," Steve said slowly, circling my family and I.

"Could use some help from the Goddess of Death," Natasha said with a small smile, "What do ya say, kid? Think you could actually help out?"

"Yes-" Hela began before Sigyn and I cut her off with a swift "No."