Chapter Eight

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
Thank Valhalla I could project illusions, otherwise the guards would have had quite a show with what I had done to Sigyn. And dear god was I a lucky bastard that my illusions protected all sounds as well, otherwise guards would have been in here the moment she began to moan out my name.

As her body moved, I had watched as if through water from the bottom of a pool. And when she moved, I'm moved. It was as if her entire being was a call to motion. Her perfect body, there, all of her a verb in perfect view.

All I'd ever done is hide from intimacy such as this. An intimacy that had true passion and emotion behind it all. When she was near me, when she'd pull me close, and kiss my skin, I felt like a person for a moment of my life. 

Little did she know what hell she had put me through, the last few weeks. Taunting me daily with her fluttering eyelashes and perfect smile. 

To have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you, to feel her weight in arms, I experienced what it felt like to witness a Goddess. 

She seemed to sing out my name, and oh the joy it would bring. The look of it was as sweet as the sound, her head tilted back, her mouth to the clouds. I couldn't hope but to hear that song the rest of my life, and only from her lips. It was as if I had heard my name for the first time.
I couldn't name that feeling carried in that voice, was it passion? Even love? Was it that or just the act of making noise that brought her joy?

Never in my life had I felt so unapologetically good.

Even know as she laid, held tightly at my side with a blanket atop her, I felt happier than I had in my entire life. As everything else began to fade, the excitement dissipating, the twinge in my heart only seemed to grow. 

As I looked down at her, stroking her long golden hair, I knew what that feeling was.
Though I hadn't known before this moment, I knew what it felt like to be in love. 

"What am I going to do with you, Sigyn," I said with a soft chuckle.

"Well," she said, still breathy from our endeavor, "You could...either fuck me again or you could marry me."

Marry her?

I paused. Was that even possible? If so, that was precisely what I wanted to do. To have her, to have this, as long as I should live sounded like Valhalla. But could I allow her to marry me, allow her to waste herself on a wretch such as myself? She didn't even know I was jötun. And even if I were to admit this to her, would she stay? 

It was a risk I was willing to take. I couldn't lie about this, not to her.

"Darling," I said, tilting her head up to look at me, "I have to tell you something."

She leaned her head into my hand, waiting to hear what I had to say.

I took a deep breath before showing her my true form. From my fingertips up, my skin began to melt into a blue tone. Her eyes widened as I shifted.

This is it, I thought, This was her breaking point.

I turned away from her, unable to bear her. But just as I did, she grabbed my jaw and firmly pressed her lips against my own. 

"Look at me," she demanded. I obeyed.

She examined me with those perfect chocolate eyes before saying, "So this is why you feel so cold."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I suppose so."

She nodded and tucked herself back into my arms. "Well, it works for me, I'm always hot."
I chuckled, kissing her forehead tenderly.

For a moment there was quiet, she seemed to be drifting off to sleep.

"Sigyn," I said once more.

"Mhmm?"

"Will you be my bride?"

"Mhmm."

I pulled her as close as I could, kissing her face again and again. 

I had found myself a bride, now I just needed to figure out how to get myself out of this god-forsaken cell in order to marry her.