Chapter Ninety-Six

SIGYN"S POINT OF VIEW
Nearly the entire evening was consumed by Loki interrogating me.  Nearly every question that could have been asked was. He stopped at nothing to try and get to know absolutely everything he could. He ranged from topics from favorite foods to how he may have wronged us. Loki however, expertly skated around the topic of his brother which I honestly appreciated.

"Is Hela a difficult child?" he asked intently, now leaning forward and looking at me behind knit brows. Loki's expression was intensely focussed and I could tell he was all ears.

"I don't think so," I said simply as I got up and made my way into the kitchen, "She's just very smart and very sensitive."

He nodded as I opened up a cabinet and pulled out two glasses.

"And is that hard sometimes?" Loki asked.

"Yes, but it could be alot worse," I admitted as I pulled down a bottle of wine, "I'd rather had a daughter who's intelligent and very sympathetic rather than a brat. I'd say I've had it pretty easy."

I looked over the lable of the bottle I had pulled. Cabernet, Loki's favorite. "Would you like some?" I asked, fully expecting to hear a yes. Loki was nevr one to turn down a drink.

"No thank you," he said politely.

"How much would you-" I began before I stopped abruptly and looked him over. My eyes narrowed as I repeated him, "Did you say no?"

I was certain I hadn't heard him right but again, he said, "Yes, no wine for me. But thank you."

"You know you can drink around me, right? It's not impolite, I really don't mind," I assured him.

"No, no, it's not that," he said with a brief laugh, "I just know that alcohol and I don't make a good match. At least that's what I saw of my life in Sakaar."

I nodded slowly and bgean to put the glasses and bottle away. This Loki had been ever so familiar up until this point. He was the same man by all means except for this. Loki had never been one to learn from his mistakes, yet this Loki had learned from mistakes he had never even made.

"What's Hela like?" he asked, knocking me out of my stuppor.

"She's...alot like you. She's passionate, dramatic, smart, and clever. She loves animals too," I said slowly as I made my way back to him, "Nothing like me, thankfully." 

"Thankfully?" Loki echoed as he looked up at me, cocking his head to the side, "Why do you say that?"

I shrugged, "I just don't know how well I would have done having to raise a min-me all alone. Because she was like you...it just...gave me hope. Made the grief of being alone alot easier. But, to be frank, I think I would get quite annoyed with a mini-me too."

"Really?" he questioned with a small laugh, "But, you're...you're so kind and sweet, what would be so annoying about that?"

"I'm stubborn," I said, "Plus, I didn't have a good relationship with my mother, I guess I'd just be scared that she wouldn't have a good reltionship with me."

"I guess that makes sense," he said, leaning back as he pondered what I had said, "I guess I didn't want children for a similar reason. I didn't have a good relationship with my father so I figured I couldn't have a good relationship with my children. But...I guess I proved myself wrong?"

I smiled and sat across from him again, "Oh, yes. Hela has always adored you. You nevr raised her voice towards her, always were ready to play with her, and somehow made her smile when no one else could. You certainly proved yourself wrong."