Chapter One Hundred and Four

The simple life, as Sigyn called it, was turning out to be just as enjoyable as palace life. To my surprise, I quite enjoyed the bustling mornings and calm nights. I liked helping Hela and Sigyn tend their gardens and their chickens, and I even liked the fishery too. Working wasn't as...awful as I thought it would be. At least it wasn't awful when I was at Sigyn's side.

The week that followed my dramatic entry was very quaint. Filled with days that began with coffee and ended with tea, and sometimes ending with a little more than just tea. The domestic bliss was truly kicking in.

Walking through the fields of grass to the fishery, I actually felt at home. Sigyn was holding my hand and Hela was just yesss in front of us.

"I like it here," I admitted, looking down at Sigyn.

"Do you?" she asked, quirking a brow.

"I do," I affirmed, "It's just so calm."

I looked up to the road nearby. It twisted along the nearby mountain, trailing it's curves and letting carts and trucks pass into new Asgard. A small blue truck with a wooden frame on the back came out from behind the mountains edge. And as I gained a view from its back, I saw an all too familiar green monster.

My eyes widened and I stopped in my tracks. Of course my peace had to be cut short. I was really beginning to feel as though I wasn't allowed to enjoy myself.

"We have to go home," I said, my face pale.

"What?" Sigyn asked, "Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a bad feeling about today," I lied, "Let's go home."

She eyed me and pulled me forward.

"I know you're lying," she said, "And we are going into town unless you tell me why you had an awfully sudden change of heart."

"I saw someone I know," I explained.

"And?" Sigyn asked as she continued to walk, pulling me along with her.

"And whenever I see that person, bad things ensue so we should just go home and not be apart of whatever madness they're bringing with them," I said, watching wearily as I watched hulk descend into New Asgard.

"Who even is this person you're so afraid of?" Sigyn asked.

"Not a person," I corrected, "A green beast."

"Well, if there is a green beast coming into New Asgard, I better be in the village to help get him out," she said matter-of-factly, "Now come on and stop walking so slow."

I pursed my lips and followed. Despite my protests, it was obvious that I wasn't getting anywhere. Sigyn was going to pull me into the village and go to the fishery whether I wanted to or not.

The mile walk to the fishery left me feeling more anxious with every step I took. Sigyn held my hand tightly, rubbing it gently with her thumb. She undoubtedly knew I was anxious but she also knew that if they were truly a threat to our village, she had to be there to help. Sigyn was simultaneously fulfilling her responsibilities to me, doing her best to calm me down, but also remaining loyal to her role of leadership to the village.

As we came up to the fishery, my heart sank to my boots as I saw that dreaded blue truck and the awful giant that rode on the back. But as I was able to get a closer look at the brute, I realized he looked rather different form the last time I had seen Doctor Banner all swollen and green. Hulk looked distinguished and was wearing a sweater. He was accompanied by a tiny rodent looking thing which I was instantly sure that Hela would just adore. Surely this was the same monster I had encountered before but why in the world did he seem so different?

"Is that who you were talking about?" Sigyn asked as she waved down Valkyrie, "I've met him before."

I nodded, "Yes, and trust me, he was far more terrifying the last time I saw him."

"Fair enough, but he really isn't scary ," she said with a small laugh as Valkyrie walked towards us.

"Great timing on getting here," Valkyrie said as she rested a crate on her hip, "I'm sure you understand our little issue?"

"Little, I would hardly say it's little," I interjected as I wearily watched Hela go and investigate the little rodent that accompanied Hulk.

"I don't, actually," Sigyn admitted, "Why is Banner here? Is there an issue?"

"He only broke every rib in my body once, I would say that would cause warrant for it being an issue that he's here," I muttered, receiving a dramatic eye roll from Valkyrie.

"No, I don't know why he's here, " Valkyrie explained, "But...being that he's Thor's work friend, I suppose he's here to recruit him for some mission with the Avengers."

Sigyn nodded, "Right, they're that the lovely group of men and women who tried to stop Thanos? With who was it, Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers?"

I stopped for a moment, hardly believing what I just heard. Did my wife truly just say that the Avengers were lovely?

"Yeah they are," Valkyrie affirmed.

"We haven't heard from them all in nearly five years though," Sigyn said, "What do they want Thor for?"

Valkyrie shrugged, "I suppose we'll know soon," she said as the monster and the rodent began to walk towards us. Without even thinking, I found myself almost hiding behind Sigyn. I couldn't look at Hulk without remembering the aching feeling that I had been subjected to back in New York.

"Valkyrie! Sigyn! Great to see you two gals," Hulk said rather eloquently, walking towards us with outstretched arms, "And wow, is that Loki I see? Back from the dead? Always knew you'd weasel your way out of death."

I squeezed Sigyn's hand tightly causing her to glance at me. As she rubbed my hand softly, her eyes told me that it would be alright. Leaning in, she whispered, "On your timeline, you eventually attempt to save Asgard alongside him. He's a friend...more or less." I nodded and took a deep breath. If Sigyn said I was okay, then I was, I had no reason to doubt her.

"You shouldn't have come," Valkyrie said as Hulk stopped before us.

"Not necessarily the warm Asgardian welcome I was looking for, but I'll take it," Hulk said, "Hey where's that little girl? Ya know the kid? She still around?"

"Is he seriously talking about Hela?" I whispered, squeezing Sigyn's side to get her attention.

She nodded, "Calm down, it's alright," she whispered.

"She's around," Sigyn replied to Hulk, before gesturing you the rodent, "I'm sure she'd love to meet your friend."

"This is rocket," Hulk explained as the rabbit looking thing waved and winked at Sigyn.

"How ya doing, gorgeous?" Rocket said causing Sigyn to recoil into me.

"You're here to see Thor?" Sigyn asked, ignoring the little rodent.

"He won't see you," Valkyrie warned, "Best if you just settle for Loki, he's the most amount of godly help you're likely to get right now."

"Settle for me? If our recent fight tells you anything, he's be better off if he were to have me," I said sourly.

"Come on," Hulk argued, "Thor would love to see me!"

"He only comes down once a month," Valkyrie sighed, "And he just comes for-..."

She glanced at Sigyn before she continued, "He just comes for supplies."

Sigyn squeezed my hand, I just ignored the comment best I could.

"It's that bad?" Hulk asked.

The three of us all shared a glance with eachother before we replied in unison, "Yeah."