Chapter Twenty

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
I could hardly contain myself as I trailed Sigyn on the way back to our chambers. So badly I wanted to leap with joy and pepper Sigyn with kisses and adoration but until we were safe behind closed doors, I couldn't do a thing.

A girl, I kept thinking, grinning from ear to ear. I was to have a daughter, a little girl! Thank Valhalla we were blessed with a princess rather than a prince. I was certain I could handle a miniature Sigyn but a small version of myself seemed too daunting.

Sigyn seemed excited as well, she told nearly every single person we passed the news. Her cheeks were pink with excitement and had the cutest smile upon her lips. She cradled her bump, looking as proud as ever as she walked through the palace.

As soon as we stepped into our chambers, I melted my illusion and kissed Sigyn.

"Let me guess?" she said laughing, "You wanted a boy?'

I laughed, "God no. Sigyn, we're going to have a little girl!"

"Mhmm," she chimed, putting my hands on her bump, "What are we going to name her?"

"We can name her whatever you'd like," I chimed, leaning in to kiss her again.

"What about Hela?"

I paused, "Hela?" I repeated unsurely, "You'd like to name our daughter after Hel?"

She rolled her eyes, "You know that's not what I mean. You don't like it, do you?"

"I-, it's alright," I lied, causing Sigyn to glare up at me, "No, you're right, I don't like it."

"But why? It's so pretty," she said, smiling as she repeated, "Hela Lokisdottir, see? Just rolls off the tongue!"

Laughing, I shook my head and asked, "I just think it'd be a little... strange is all. A beautiful bouncing blonde baby girl, name after Hel? The place of eternal suffering?"

Sigyn playfully pushed me away, "I'm not naming her after Hel, I just love the name. It's strong yet elegant, short and sweet, perfect for a little princess. Besides, I doubt she'll be blonde my love. I'm certain she'll take after you more than me."

"For your sake my love," I said, "Let's hope she's far more like you than like me."

"Oh don't say that."

"It's true! I was a quiet child, yes, but quite the hellion. I tormented my maid staff, my brother, and was quite known for my tantrums."

"Mmm, sounds like nothing's really changed," she said with a smirk.

"Very funny," I chided, "I'd much rather have a daughter who's stubborn like you rather than a brat like me."

"We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose," she said, " But I think, our little girl will be quite a surprise to you."

I hoped she was wrong. But, my wife's intuition was rarely ever off. She seemed to always be three steps ahead of me. I had to start bracing myself for a mini-me complete with pigtails, bows, and a mighty temper.

"We should throw a feast in your honor, my love," I said, twirling her around, "We can announce the gender, her name and you can have all the chocolate you could possibly desire. Your family could even come, hell, we can invite the whole kingdom! This is a moment for celebration!"

"You don't have to do all that," she said, "I feel awful pulling all that together for me."

"Oh but I must!"I exclaimed,  "Sigyn, my love, dearest diamond doll, you deserve all of this and more. Anything you want, it's yours. A feast? done. A festival? On it. You could ask absolutely anything of me and I will do it."

"Anything?" she asked with a smirk.

"That's what I said," I proclaimed, smiling proudly.

"Then let me name our daughter Hela."

"Well, anything but that."

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
A week passed and the night of the feast arrived. Loki, well ...Odin, worked all week to prepare the event. The great hall had been decorated with cascades of pink peonies and gardenias. Ivory silks draped the rafters and candles lit the room up with a warm glow. The throne room had truly never looked so feminine but it was only fitting for welcoming the Asgardian heir into the world. Luckily, my husband's eye for aesthetics was ever strong and flair for the dramatic allowed the gathering to be far more entertaining than anything the real Odin would have been able to accomplish.

Loki was more than excited to show boat for his Asgardian subjects. He loved throwing parties, galas, and festivals in which he invited even common asgardians. He truly wished for every citizen to be included. I adored his effort in this, I knew that when I was younger I would have loved the opportunity to attend a palace party even though I was no more than a common villager. I liked to think he did this out of reverence for me.

With each month he served as king, he only grew more popular. He was constantly showered with genuine thank yous. Only issue was, they were thanking who they believed was Odin. I wished he were able to get the credit he deserved as Loki. I knew how much he thrived from genuinely doing good. I wanted Asgard to know that their trickster prince had grown into quite the king.

I sat at my vanity, loosely braiding my hair with a pink silk ribbon intertwined within the pieces. I was quite excited for the night as it was the first time in a bit that I felt well enough to go to one. Admittedly, I was also in a rare good mood so that added to my excitement.

"How do I look?" Loki said, striking a pose as he popped out of our bathroom appearing to me as Odin.

He was adorned in his fathers armor but had added a deep purple cape to tie in with the theme of it all.

I laughed, "I can hardly say you look good, you're a one eyed old man."

Loki pouted, dropping his masquerade as he walked up behind me.

"Fair point," he said defeatedly, kissing up my neck, "But it's not as if I could grace them with my presence. I'm still very much a dead man."

"I know, I know," I said, turning to him, "I just wish you could. Are you always going to have to parade as Odin? What happens when our daughter is born? Number one, you most certainly won't be allowed in the delivery room. Number two, what shall she call you, Grandfather?"

"I know, don't worry," he said, "I'll figure it out, I swear it. Let's just have a good night, tonight. Alright?"

I took a deep breath and nodded, "Yes, yes, I'm sorry."

"It's alright," he said, "I got you something."

I quirked a brow, looking at him through the mirror, "Did you now?"

"Mhmm," he chimed, smiling as he went and opened my wardrobe, pulling out a brand new gown.

"I had it made yesterday," Loki explained, "The tailor was quite a pain this time around. No worries though, I gave her a good Odin stare and she went to working right away. Do you like it?"

He showcased a gorgeous blush pink gown that was flown and made of the most gorgeous chiffon. Embroidered on the edges of its train were small white flowers. The sleeves were made long and cuffed, a detail Loki included to keep me warm.

I smiled wildly, "I love it," I admitted before he helped me put it on.

Lacing up the back for me he exhaled, "You look as divine as ever, my love," kissing the back of my neck tenderly, "Not as good as me of course, but who can be?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Shall we go?"

"After you, Sigyn."