Chapter Eighty-One

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
"Get out, Thor."

He didn't move an inch, simply crossed his arms and looked down at me. He was just barely grinning, the edges of his lips curled into a smile.

"What do you want from me?"I questioned angrily.

My bloody was near boiling from all the things Thor had said. The pressure for me to love him and just forget about Loki was more than uncouth. Besides that, his absolute disgrace of privacy between us for going and talking to Hertha was more than uncalled for. Here he was, depressed and lonely, and somehow he believed J was to drop all recollection of Loki and just fall into his arms. I was appalled.

"I want you to admit your feelings for me," he said promptly.

I groaned, so badly I just wanted him to leave. The audacity he had to come into my home and demand things from me was absurd. After all this time, he still had his prince complex.

"I do not have feelings for you," I said firmly, "I never have."

And this was the absolute truth of it all. Thor was never a contender for my affections. Even though he was truly a great man and had a big heart, I didn't want him as anything more than a friend. I just didn't see him that way. My heart was still steadfastly Loki's even after all these years. 

"You don't have feelings for me? Really?" He asked, by the tone of his voice I could tell that Thor didn't believe me for a second.

"Yes," I affirmed, walking away from him, "no feelings for you."

Thor grabbed ahold of me by my jean's belt loop, pulling me back towards him somewhat forcefully. Swiftly, he turned me around, grabbing my waist as he pulled me close.

"A woman with no feelings for a man wouldn't have done what you did," Thor pointed out, refusing to let go of me even as I attempted to pry his hands off of me.

"Don't be such an asshole," I said angrily, trying to get him to let go of my waist.

"If you truly had no feelings then why did you-" he began.

"Shut up!" I yelled, pushing against him as hard as I could. Nevertheless, he continued to hold on to me tightly as I continued, "You are an idiot! Why won't you just accept the fact that I don't have feelings for you! Let me go!"

"Won't you shut your mouth and let me talk?" Thor said, obviously getting frustrated with me.

I scoffed, "Shut my mouth? I thought you liked it wide open!" I mocked.

Thor glared down at me, his face flushing red.

"Perhaps I do," he said, his voice now almost growl. He loomed over me as he continued, "But I would prefer if you used that pretty little mouth of yours, to tell the truth."

"You are a disgrace," I spat, gripping his hands tightly. Quickly, I cast a small enchantment, forcing him to finally let go of me.

"If I'm a disgrace, you are too, Sigyn," Thor countered, "But, you are being far too hard on yourself. You can admit you have feelings, Sigyn! Loki is dead and you are still hung up on him. You have so much life to live and you are wasting it away in grief!"

"You have no right to lecture me on grief," I said, laughing at his absolute audacity, "You have to be forced to take a shower because you're too depressed to do it yourself! You are as pale as can be because you barely even see the sunlight! You still feel guilty for what happened all those years ago with Thanos! If anyone needs to get over Loki, it's you!"

"Don't start," he warned.

"No! Thor, it's true! I have made a life for myself, picking up your slack. You have failed to perform your duties as king and you fail to even perform basic hygiene!" I yelled, "I am not wasting my life away."

"You are though!" he yelled, "Sigyn, you are doing nothing but fishing and farming! You have so much more to you than that! Dammit, Sigyn I love you!"

I shook my head as I turned away from him, "You do not love me. Don't be ridiculous. This is just you trying to get what you want out of me. You're manipulating me!"

"And what do you think I want out of you, Sigyn?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"Don't be so naive," I said, rolling my eyes, "You know what all of this is about. You do not love me, you are simply craving attention and you're a lonely, lonely man."

"This isn't just about sex," he said, "God damn you are so stubborn! Why can't you accept the fact that I have feelings for you?"

"Because you aren't thinking with your head," I said, "You're thinking with your d-"

"Sigyn!" he exclaimed, "Everyone in their right mind can clearly see we should be together! Even Odin thought so! Hell, your sister does too!"

"No," I said, "No and no. Anyone in their right mind would tell you to get lost. I'm the damn patron goddess of fidelity and you expect me to just turn over all my loyalties to Loki for you?"

"Some goddess of loyalty you are if you fucked your husband's brother," he said.

I took a deep breath, spinning around on my heel to face him. My eyes narrowed as I looked at Thor. Truly, I had never felt so angry in my entire life. I had killed before and even then my blood didn't boil as it did at that moment. I clenched my jaw as my fists began to glow, my signature golden spindles of magic were now replaced by icy white tendrils of light. Thor's eyes widened but he held his ground, refusing to leave or even back up.

"I'm asking you one last time," I said firmly, "Leave."

"Sigyn, I-"

"Leave!" I yelled just as the side door opened. Hela stood in the doorway, her eyes somewhat wide as she slowly walked in.

I sighed, glaring at Thor before turning back to her and smiling.

"Everything okay, mama?" she asked softly.

I nodded, "Mhmm, everything's great. Thor was just about to go."