Chapter Seventy-Six

"You were born to cause pain and suffering and death. That's how it is, that's how it was, that's how it will be. All so that others can achieve their best versions of themselves," Mobius chided, looming over me as he displayed yet another scene

Flashes of the avengers played, assuming positions off greatness. But what intrigued me the most was a scene of the girl I had seen earlier. My daughter. She was in the midst of a battlefield and was much older than she was when I had first been shown her. She was at least thirteen, maybe older. Her hands and eyes glowed green with magic and a full legion of skeletons was in formation behind her. Before I could gather much else, the image shifted. Once again, an image of New York appeared.

I pried my eyes away, shaking my head. I was horrified at myself. I had barely lived this life I was supposedly set on and yet I was so overcome with grief, anger, and guilt. Every decision I made seemed bound to hurt someone I loved. I knew I wasn't a stand-up guy but I couldn't believe that I was as atrocious as Mobius claimed. There was no way I had betrayed my mother and certainly no way I had betrayed Sigyn. I loved them too much, surely I couldn't have been so malicious to them. But the cold hard truth of it all was that I did betray them. I was truly that evil.

I sat in silence for a moment, completely defeated by my own actions and shortcomings. Mobius extended a hand to me, offering to help me up from the floor.

"What is this place?" I asked softly, looking up at him.

Reaching his hand out, he did no more than say, "Come on."

I thought for a moment, pausing at I noticed the small glint of the remote in Mobius's pocket. I stifled a grin as I took Mobius's hand, slyly reaching into his pocket and taking the time twister in one fell swoop. Now, I had a way to escape. It was very hard not to just burst out in laughter. Goodness, Mobius was far more oblivious than I had assumed him to be.

Just then, the doors to the darkroom burst open as the same minuteman from before walked in. Her name tag read Hunter B-15.

"What are you doing?" she questioned Mobius pointedly.

"My job," he replied, annoyed, "Is it yours to interrupt?"

"There's a situation," she proclaimed.

He sighed, "There's always a situation."

He turned to me and warned, "Don't go anywhere." He sighed, following the hunter out of the room and gently closing the doors behind him.

I waited for a moment, just making sure that the two were for sure gone. I could hear them bickering outside and determined now was the time to dart. I pulled out the remote, quickly pushing every button I could.

Suddenly, I was pulled out of the room and ended up in a completely different part of the TVA. I narrowed my eyes, smiling as I spotted a secretary from earlier. Now if I could just get the Tesseract, I could travel anywhere in time. Thus, I could get back to my reality and fix everything. It was a perfect plan and I was determined to complete it.

Piece of cake.

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
No one was joking when they said the tweens were the worst years of all. And it certainly wasn't a lie when people said it took a village to raise a child. Especially when that child happened to be a full blown Goddess who had enough power to turn the sky green.

Things were excessively complicated over the last four years and Hela discovering more about her powers by the day didn't make life any easier. Especially since her powers had nothing to do with farming or fishing which is was consumed most of my days.

Asgard had grown into an agrarian society practically over night. With no money to our names we did the only thing we could think of. We returned to our roots and began planting everything we could and building boats for fishing. This was completely under the direction of myself and Valkyrie as Thor had become...useless.

He was still grieving his losses and was refusing to move on at all. The only time I saw him was if he came down to the coast for beer. And if not that, it was to make advances on me on some way or another. Thor was as lonely as lonely could be and was desperate for affection from me. Often times, I would just wave him off and send him home with extra case of beer to get him off my tail. But rarely did he go without getting what he actually wanted much to my protests.

I couldn't deny that I was lonely too. With half the population gone, you were nearly always alone. Especially with all the work I did in the fields and so on. I just kept myself busy through farming and dealing with the fishery. And when I wasn't doing that, I was dealing with Hela in some way or another.

But, in all honesty, life after the blip wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the life I had made here in Asgard and I loved helping Valkyrie lead our people. It was calm. And best of all, it allowed me to grieve in complete peace.

Even after all these years, I missed Loki. I missed him more than anything else. How I longed to feel his touch, to hear his laugh, or even hear him yell at me. I would settle for absolutely anything, as long as I could see him one last time.