Chapter One Hundred and Seven

"Why the hell is he here?"

"I thought he was dead!"

"Why did you bring the kid?"

"I guess they could help us."

"This is a headache."

The Avengers, or what remained of them sounded off one after the other as if giving me a headache was their sole duty in life. I
glanced around the room, to my wife, to my child, and to the hand of heroes that stood before me. I wanted to just turn around and leave, with one of my girls on each arm. But as I looked into the eyes of my daughter, my lifeblood, the Goddess of Death, I knew this whole scheme wasn't something I was going to be able to back out of.

Now where was I? Oh yes. How the hell did I end up in godforsaken New York, USA with my wife, daughter, and brother with the sole intention of saving the world? It's quite simple really, and if I recall correctly it began with-

"Hela's gone," Sigyn said feverishly, shaking me awake from my deep slumber.

Though I had just been pulled from the most incandescent dream, I was immediately awake and ready to attend to the situation at hand.

"Where is she?" I asked, sitting up as Sigyn pulled back from me. For the first time, I was able to see her maternal instincts at play. Her baby was missing and it was obvious she would stop at nothing to find her.

"I don't know, but I can guess," she said as she pulled on a coat, already dressed and ready to go. Sigyn was wasting no time on this matter.

"She wouldn't-" I began as I realized the only possible place that Hela would have fled to.

"She would," Sigyn corrected me, "You told her no, naturally she's going to disobey. She is your daughter, after all."

"Dammit," I muttered as I stood up and quickly apparated into an outfit more suitable for a man hunt. My head was drowning in a flurry of emotions. I was angry beyond belief, Hela had directly disobeyed my orders and had presumably gone off with her uncle and Banner. And yet all the while, I was terrified beyond belief. My darling girl was missing and no matter if she was safe with Thor, she wasn't safe with me. Hela was not under my watch and care and I could hardly stand it, I needed to find her and fast.

"She couldn't have been gone long," Sigyn said confidently, "Her bed's still warm, she must be near or at least with Banner."

I nodded before quickly glancing out the window. To my dismay, I saw a storm brewing overhead and a single ship traveling due west. By instinct alone, I knew my daughter was on that plane.

"She's with Banner alright," I grumbled, "But so is Thor. We're too late, they've already gone."

"Dammit, Hela," Sigyn mumbled, her eyebrows knit together in worry as she followed my gaze.

"We can catch up to them," I insisted, "No problem. We might even get to the Avengers before they do."

"How? I don't know if you've noticed, dear, but I hardly have electricity. Much less a jet!" Sigyn stammered with her eyes wide and fierce.

"Dear," I said, taking her hand, "You severely underestimate me. I don't need a plane to get to New York."

"No," Sigyn said quickly as she caught onto my plan, "I'm not teleporting."

"Sigyn, my love," I said, pulling her closer, "It's the only way."

Sigyn sighed, "Fine." I couldn't blame her upset, teleporting was anything but pleasant especially as far as we were attempting to travel. It was possible that one of us, could end up with a leg dismembered and aimlessly in spain. Or worse, we could be separated entirely. Or possibly even worse than that, we could both die. I was simply crossing my fingers to hope that none of the above would occur. But for Hela's sake, I was more than willing to risk it all.