Chapter Seventy-Four

"Don't like that, huh?" Mobius chided, "Figured that one would hurt, we can take a break if you'd like."

The jarring scene played over and over again. The blonde woman, falling to the ground covered in blood. It all seemed far too familiar and far too painful. I knew that woman, I knew it was Sigyn. But all the while, I also knew I had never met her before in my life. She was a stranger to me but yet my body and soul called out to her.

"Is that Sigyn?" I asked, refusing to watch the screen.

Mobius nodded, "Yeah, it is. Funny you recognized her, your bond is just that strong. Incredible."

"And who is she?" I said, almost afraid of his answer.

"Well to you right now, she's no one," he explained, "But in just a week or two in your timeline, she becomes quite the instrument to your story. Which is great for you, but not so great for her."

I quirked a brow, tilting my head as I questioned, "And why is that?"

He clicked a remote, loading up an entirely different scene on the screen before us.

"It'd be easier to explain if we just took a walk down old Loki lane," he said, fast-forwarding through countless images and videos before stopping on one in particular, "I suppose we should start here if you're so curious."

The woman appeared again, this time dressed in simple peasant clothes. She stood before Thor and I and was accompanied by another man. Iwald, I for sure knew him. He was my father's brawn across the Nine Realms, Iwald was always ready at my father's call.  

"How dare you bring me back to this place, to Od-"

"If you want me to heal your wounds at all, my prince, I would recommend you to stay quiet and unmoving. Unless of course, you're content with having a festering cut lay under your muzzle for who knows how long."

A small smile crept onto my lips as I watched. As she banged me up in the scene before me, I could instantly understand why I was to become so infatuated with her. Sigyn looked to be a tiny thing but absolutely full of spirit. She showed not a twinge of fear towards me but rather remained kind and nurturing. Sigyn remained compassionate even as my brother informed her of my crimes. Additionally, she was quite the healer. Sigyn blended magic alongside traditional herbalism as she healed my cuts and even a broken rib. As I watched on, here within the TVA, I marveled at her abilities. Asides from this, it was of course hard to ignore her fervent beauty. I had never seen a woman so gorgeous. Everything within me just wanted to reach through the screen and take her into my arms.

"She becomes my wife?" I asked softly, watching the screen intently.

Mobius nodded and chuckled lightly, "Yeah, she does. Quite the romantic little scene, your wedding," he said, fast-forwarding once again.

This time the scene in front of us was a garden, a group of people were gathered around Sigyn and I as we seemingly completed a hand fast. Scarlet blood dripped down both of our wrists as we recited vows to one another, both of us were beaming brightly. I gently touched my cheek now, wondering how it was even possible for me to smile so widely.

"Yeah so, here you're just bout to go off to kill some dark elves I believe," Mobius explained, taking a sip of his soda, "Thor's idea. Anyways, you refused to go unless you married Sigyn. Kinda cute, no?"

"And how far is this from when you and your...minutemen ripped me from my reality?" I asked, unable to tear my eyes away as I watched us finally kiss. Now, I couldn't even hold back my own smile. Even watching the scene gave me butterflies, for some reason just looking at that girl made me happy.

"Give or take three months. You two moved very fast," he said, "By this time, you already got her pregnant."

"Excuse me what?" I stammered, turning to Mobius. Now, this had gone too far. This was surely a trick. Me getting married was feasible but becoming a father was out of the question.

"Oh yeah," Mobius said nodding, "I just ya know, skipped past the part of y'all doing that. Figured it may be a little awkward for us in the here and now."

"This isn't funny," I said, shaking my head, "I'm all for a good trick but this has taken it too far."

Mobius shrugged, clicking the remote once again. On the screen, Sigyn appeared once more. She was smiling in the warm sunlight of the palace gardens. She sat amongst the flowers with a little girl in her lap. 

"Still think you don't become a father?" Mobius questioned as the little girl looked towards us. I couldn't deny she was my spitting image and god, she was the most darling little thing. She looked so much like me it was almost frightening, only her lips and elfish nose reminded me of Sigyn. My heart nearly skipped a beat as I watched.

I need to get back to them, I thought to myself as I began to panic. I had to get back to my reality, my timeline. I needed to be with them, with my girls.

"Cute family," Mobius commented, "Shame you betrayed them too."

"No, no, no," I insisted, "Not them. No. I wouldn't betray them."

"See for yourself, buckaroo," Mobius said, beginning to play through an abundance of scenes. He showed me getting drunk, flirting, joking, and gambling even on some foreign planet.

"Whilst you were doing all this," he explained as the scenes played. He clicked the remote again, shifting from the array of parties to a dark bedroom in Asgard. Sigyn was there once again. She was in no more than a shift and had a single hand wrapped around her throat, "Your dear doting wife was dealing with this. Yup, not too comfy. Tortured, raped, the works. Then, she, alongside your daughter became refugees in Ragnarok."

My heart was wrenched as Sigyn cried out for help, her voice strained and fearful. I was seething at the sight of it. I couldn't bear it. But most of all, I couldn't believe I had let this all occur. Instantly, I became overwhelmed with guilt and so desperately angry at myself. How dare I, I thought to myself as I watched. I became absolutely disgusted. I knew this wasn't right. I knew I needed to somehow fix this, somehow return to my timeline, and stop all of this from happening. Perhaps I could save her, I could make this all right.

"So yeah," Mobius said nonchalantly, "you betrayed them too."