Chapter Ten

The second I was in his cell I practically melted into his arms, hanging on him as he held me.

Chuckling as he held me he asked, "Are you alright, my love?"

"Barely," I said dramatically, my voice sounded dry and quite scratchy. I suppose being interrogated could do that to you.

"What happened," he asked, swooping me up into his arms bridal style.

"Your Father," I explained, "He just about asked me a thousand questions."

"Did he now?" Loki said, placing me gently on his bed and sitting at my side.

"Yes, but your mother believes he'll grant you more freedom because of it," I said, a smile forming on my face.

He laughed, cupping my face before proceeding to kiss every inch of skin he could reach as he repeated I love you over and over again.

I erupted into giggles, having to practically pry him off of me. 

"But there's one issue," I said, holding his face.

"And what would that be?"

"My father demands you get his blessing before you marry me."

"Fair enough," he said with a nod, "the least I could do if that means making you my bride."

I smiled. I could hardly believe this was all happening. I wanted it to work out so badly. I just wanted to be his wife and enjoy every night the way we had the night prior. 

I closed my eyes and began to imagine what our future would look like together. I wondered how our wedding may look like, thought if we were to have children and if so how many, I was in complete bliss thinking of it all.

"What are you thinking of, darling," he asked, stroking my hair.

"Just about us," I said plainly, "Our future."

"Oh yes," he said with a chuckle, "So you're daydreaming."

"Obviously," I said, before turning to ask, "Loki, you want to have children, right?"

To my surprise, this seemed to catch him off guard as he took a moment to respond.

"Well, Sigyn, I-"

My heart began to break, oh no,  I thought to myself. I thought I had found the catch in all of this bliss. I couldn't help but frown as I sat up.

"My love, please don't be upset," he said, quickly cradling me to his chest.

"I suppose I should have asked before saying yes to your proposal," I said glumly.

"No, no, it's not that," he said sighing, "I just...I wouldn't be able to bear you in any sort of pain>"

I furrowed my brow and looked up at him, "Is that truly all you're concerned about."

He nodded.

I rolled my eyes, "Well that's silly. I'm a woman and a healer, I can more than manage pain. Especially in childbearing."

He didn't seem so sure, but asked, "You want to be a mother? To my children?"

I looked up at him, "Duh."

He sighed, chuckling as he said, "As you wish."

I pressed my lips to him and just as we broke, a large crash was heard nearly directly adjacent to us. Within his cell, Algrim, a dark elf and a prisoner whom I didn't recognize, had transformed into a monstrous berserker. Immediately, he broke out of his cell and proceeded to cause a massive riot by unleashing the other imprisoned Marauders. 

Loki swiftly got up, I attempted to follow him but he sharply said, "Stay there."

He went to his window, trying to gain insight into what was going on.

Kurse began to approach Loki who quickly cast an illusion as to hide me from his gaze.  Loki's lips curled into a devilish smile. It was not the smile I was accustom to but one filled with malice.  Believing that Loki was of no benefit to him during this skirmish due to his "lack of physical strength", Kurse decided to leave Loki inside his cell. As he began to depart, Loki went on to give Kurse directions as to find what he was looking for within the palace, leading him straight to Thor. Kurse was off just as quick as he came, burning every guard in his path and he tore through the dungeon. 

"What are you doing," I hissed, concerned as to what in the world he was planning by aiding the dark elf, "he's going to kill your brother, he-he just killed every guard here, what-"

"Shhh, shh, shh," he hushed me, teleporting over to me, "Don't fret, that elf is too stupid to kill Thor."

"He may hurt others though," I said, "I have to go help, people are being hurt-"

"Sigyn," he said sternly, forcing me to look at him, "Listen to me. You can't go out there, you'll be killed. Everything is alright, it's fine, better yet, if they kill Thor, they'll have no choice but to let me free."

I looked up at him, horrified. 

"Sigyn," he repeated, "Please, it's alright, don't look at me like that."

"Do you really believe I can just let people suffer as I stand by?"

He hooked his head, "No, which is why Im doing this." 

Before I could argue, he pressed a kiss to my forehead and I was promptly knocked out.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey y'all, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! It would mean the world to me if you commented and voted! Thank you!