Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
As the days passed by and the team was working tirelessly to construct a gauntlet to
hold the infinity stones, I was actively trying not to lose it at every second. I don't think my heart had stopped racing since Hela and Sigyn had delivered their terrible news. I felt on edge, suffocating in perilous anticipation. I lived in constant fear that at any moment Sigyn may just...die.

I was not prepared in the slightest, I didn't know what do other than be with her as mcuh as I could. I seldom left Sigyn'a side unless I absolutely had to. I wanted to savor every single moment. And most of all, I needed the assurance that when Sigyn did die, that I would be by her side. I owed it to her, for her to not die alone.

Despite Sigyn's impending doom, she was walking through the motions of life as if absolutely nothing was wrong. She continued to help where she could and didn't tell a single soul about her predicament. I dared not say a thing about it either as it was clear that Sigyn simply wanted normalcy.

The group had all gathered within Tony's laboratory where him, the rodent, and Hela had been designing and crafting the gauntlet. The glove was undoubtedly a Stark creation, dawned in crimson and bronze just like his suit. Power surged through it, pulsating with unbridled ability.

"Alright, the glove's ready," Rocker said as he looked over the technology, "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' finger?"

Without a second to spare Sigyn immediately stepped forward, "I'll do it."

"Excuse me?" Tony asked in shock, raising his eyebrow.

I grabbed Sigyn's hand and pulled her back to my side. Though her death was imminent, I hardly wanted it to be due to her own decisions.

"No," I said firmly, tightly holding her hand, "Slow down, that's suicide."

Sigyn shrugged, I could almost hear her thinking "Well if I'm going to die anyways..."

"I'll do it," she repeated, facing the group.

"Stop, stop, stop, slow down," Tony said as he stepped between her and the gauntlet.

"Just wait," Steve insisted, "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

"Well why not?" she insisted, "I could take it."

"I'll wear it!" Thor said as he approached the gauntlet.

"Don't start," I warned, "Now is not the time for you to prove your chilvalry."

"I'm sorry," he said dramatically as he put his hands up in defense, "I don't see you attempting to take your wife's place."

I took a step forward, fully intending to show him why he should have never opened his mouth in the first place. But lucky for him, Sigyn blocked my advance as she put a hand on my chest and shook her head.

"It's okay," she said calmly, offering a small smile.

I wanted to believe her, I really did. But in that moment, I wanted nothing more than to just wreak havoc. To hurt my brother, tear down this goddamn building, and let my rage towards life manifest in violence. I was angry at Thor but I was also angry at Sigyn. I knew that death looked over her, and I cursed fate for it. But I wanted to have her for as long as I could. I was angry that she would so willing jump to death, to choose suicide by wielding that gauntlet.

"Don't do this," I pleaded quietly.

Sigyn did no more than squeeze my hand as she pulled to her side. I desperately wanted her to promise me  that she wouldn't take up the responsibility of snapping her fingers, that she wouldn't wield that gauntlet. But, as she rested her head on my shoulder and rubbed my hand with her thumb, I knew this was her way of saying sorry. Sigyn was too stubborn for her own good, she wasn't going to back down from this no matter how much I begged.