Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
I had to focus.

The chaos around my had to turn silent within my mind as I concentrated all my energy upon Hela. My hands burned with the magic that swirled around them, desperately attempting to heal Hela where it now mattered most-her spine.

As soon as I pulled my baby girl out from amongst the rubble, I knew something was deeply wrong. I could feel the energy within her body starkly stopping at the base of her back, refusing to flow down to her legs and back up like normal. The electricity in her body had been severed and the feeling within her legs had been ripped away. I knew all this without her even uttering a word.

I knew I could fix it. I had done it before on smaller scales, healing severed fingers and even amputated limbs. I knew if I just had time, I could reconnect the energy in my daughter's body. If I had time, I could heal Hela.

However, time was the one commodity I was fresh out of. I scarcely knew if I had seconds left or perhaps minutes, but even so, I wasn't going to go before Hela was safe and healed. My baby was walking off the battlefield if it was the last thing I did.

Luckily, Loki had the ability to buy me the time I desperately needed. As the outriders, the deadly beats I had faced five years before, approached us, Loki stood fiercely at the ready. With two daggers brandished and magic permeating through his feet, I could count on my husband to buy me the time needed to heal Hela. At least that's what I had hoped.

"Sigyn!" he called as he threw one of the countless outriders off of him, "I hate to rush you but perhaps now's the time to get things moving!"

"I'm trying!" I replied, working through Hela's energy block, feeling it seep through every nerve and bone one by one.

"Just one more minute!" I called, hitting an especially hard blockage within Hela's energy field. I could feel in all snap into place under my hands causing Hela to immediately to writhe in pain. Her teeth clenched tightly and her knuckles turned white with pressure. I knew she could hardly speak.

"It's alright, it's alright," I cooed gently, continuing to work through her healing.

"Sigyn!" Loki called again, "I think you're going to have to wrap things up!"

"One minute!" I replied in desperation, focusing as much of my magic as possible upon Hela.

"No, Sigyn!" he yelled back as he stabbed two outriders at once, "We have bigger problems now than just wolves!"

I huffed, jsut about to yell back before I looked up and spotted a jarring lightning bolt hurl through the sky. Following its trajectory, I watched as it striked Mjölnir and was hurled at none other than Thanos. A shiver ran through me as I quickly understood what Loki was alluding to. This was no small battle. Warriors and chitari were seizing the field alongside Thanos and his outriders. The Avengers were striving to desperately hold back the forces but they were altogether failing. The battle had turned into a full out war.

"Oh god," I mumbled as I watched the scene in front of me. It all looked hopeless. 

Loki looked back at me with a pained look, he knew just as well as I did how awful this all looked. I tried to focus on Hela but the raging war before me was more than distracting. I knew I couldn't just stay and heal Hela no matter how much I wanted to.

"Just buy me time," I begged Loki, looking up at him, "Just minutes, please. I can heal her, I'm almost there."

He grimaced, looking down at me and then back at the ever approaching battle.