Chapter One Hundred and One

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
"Pathetic," I muttered, watching as Thor's eyes lulled into the back of his head.

I had expected a bit more of a fight. That he would have gotten at least one blow in. It was all too easy it almost didn't feel good.

Don't get me wrong though, seeing Thor beat to a pulp was still a delicious sight to behold. As I watched the blood trickle down from the corner of his mouth, I could almost hear Mobius asking me, "Do you like to hurt people?"

I thought as I looked down upon my fallen brother, ruminating on the question Mobius had asked me just days prior. I don't like hurting people, I assured myself, unless they deserve it.

I smiled, kicking Thor to the side after I had plucked the four daggers from his flesh. In this case, Thor did deserve to be hurt. And he deserved to be hurt badly. So yes, I did enjoy it.

I turned around, expecting Sigyn to have disappeared in the midst of the spectacle. I hardly imagined that she could stand the bloodiness of it all. But, I was proven very wrong.

She stood watching me, her demeanor was far from scared or even worried. Sigyn's posture told me that she too thought this had all be necessary. Perhaps she wasn't as delicate of a flower as I had believed her to be.

"Come here, darling," I beckoned, reaching out a hand for her.

Sigyn narrowed her eyes, seemingly thinking for a moment before cautiously making her way over to me. She seemed to know that I would never dare to hurt her.

As she came to my side, I held her close in front of me. Sigyn's body was the only thing between Thor and I.

I turned her chin, forcing her to look at Thor.

"Loki," she said in a warning tone, averting her gaze.

"What is it?" I asked, "Don't like the sight of him? I thought you would've."

"Stop," Sigyn said firmly, "This has gone too far. I'm sorry, okay? I will beg on my knees for your forgiveness but you are scaring me. Please stop."

I turned her around to face me and took her left hand.

"Fine," I said as I manifested a short silver dagger, "But let this all be a reminder."

I sliced down the center of her palm in one swift motion, reopening the scar that had been formed so many years ago. Sigyn flinched and tried to pull away, her eyes flashing with terror for a brief moment.

"What are you doing?" she hissed as I traced the dagger down my palm as well. Our left hands were then both covered in crimson blood.

"Oh, Sigyn," I cooed, grasping her hand tightly, "Even I know what this is reminiscent of and I haven't even lived through it."

She went quiet, her lips were pursed tightly but her demeanor instantly calmed.

"You're insane," she said as she gripped my hand tightly, our palms firmly pressed together.

"I know, but you love it don't you," I teased, smiling lightly.

"I don't know why," she sighed, "But I do."

"Perfect," I said, leaning in to kiss her. She immediately dodged my affection, letting my kiss land directly on her cheek.

"If you want to do this," she explained, squeezing my hand in hers, "We're doing it right."

"Such a traditionalist," I said, quirking a brow, "How cute."

Sigyn stepped on my foot, smiling up at me as she drove her heel into my toes. I grimaced but smiled through the pain.

"A traditionalist and a sadist, how fun."

"Just get on with it."

I smiled and began the marriage vows. The words were somehow imprinted into my brain, memorized from a time that I had yet to live.

"You can possess me for I do not belong to myself. While we both wish it, I give to that which is mine to give. I pledge to you that it will be your eyes into which I smile every morning. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your back, and you for mine. I shall not slander you but honor you above all others," I recited quietly.

I dared not avert my eyes from Sigyn for a single moment but held her hand surely and tightly. She was the reason I had been tortured through time and space, the reason I had to return to my timeline, and the sole purpose I saw for living another day. These vows meant more to me than any words I had spoken before in my life.

"I shall be yours for the rest of my days, for my soul is no longer my own. While we both wish it, I shall give you all which is mine togive. I pledge to you that it will be my eyes to which you awake to every morning. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your heart, and you for mine. I shall not slander you but honor above all others," Sigyn replied, completing her set of vows to me.

And just me. Not a Loki who had died and gone, nor to a Loki who had been at her side previously, but to me. The Loki by her side now and that would be at her side until the end of time.

"Do you mean it this time?" I teased, "Cause I certainly do."

"You're an asshole," she muttered before she pulled me into her. Her free hand met my face as she pressed her lips firmly against my own.

I could almost feel our souls combining as she kissed me. The blood pooling from our hands, her touch on my skin, and her lips on mine created something that could only be described as magic. Surely, this is what it meant to be whole.