Chapter Ninety-Two

"I want nothing more than to know you."

Tears streamed fiercely down Sigyn'a cheeks as I said this. "You do?" she choked out as I pulled her into my arms.

"God, yes," I explained, "I...I don't know what it is about you but once I saw you on that damn screen, I knew that I never wanted anything more than to have you. I felt incomplete until I knew you existed."

She shook her head and stammered, "But, Loki, why? I've been unfaithful to you in your wake, I was cruel to you every second leading up to your death, I'm not the wife you think me to be. Why would you want to come to me? I'm..."

I sighed, I was hoping I wouldn't have to talk about all of this. But, obviously, since Thor was laying knocked out behind us just yards away, it was an unavoidable topic. I could feel the guilt radiating off of Sigyn. After seeing her kiss Thor in those tapes, I had hoped this was something that could have been avoided. Seeing it had made my blood boil, never had I been made so angry so quickly.  But from the way her heart was beating and the way her voice caught in her throat, I knew she was far from happy with herself. Infidelity was obviously not in the nature of the goddess of fidelity, rightfully so she was consumed with guilt.

"I feel awful," she said through her tears, "I know you're not the same man I married but still...I'm so sorry."

I focussed elesewhere, trying my best not to think about what Sigyn and Thor may have done. Even her apology was a little much for me to bear. The very idea of them even being kind to one another made me want to kill my brother. Thinking of them doing anything more than kiss would be altogether overwhelming.

Her guilt was radiating powerfully, nearly overtaking me as it overtook her. I could experience her emotions as if they were my own. Somehow, I could feel the tightening of her throat in her sorrow and the stress of her mind. Sigyn's fear and longing towards me was aptly understood. Her feelings were extending into my own, her pain was now my pain.

I was absolutely overtaken by this. I had never felt this way. To put it simply, I was not a sympathetic individual and now I found myself completely overwhelmed by the emotions of another. Feeling how awful she felt made me nearly want to throw up.

"Sigyn," I said, my mind reeling as I pulled her close, "It's alright, dear, it's alright."

Her face was pressed into my chest and feeling her presence within my arms was truly the only source of calm I was afforded. Slowly but surely as I held her, gently rubbing her back, Sigyn calmed down.

"I promise I'm not usually this emotional and dramatic," she mumbled into my chest.

Sigyn took a deep breath and finally looked up, wiping away her tears. Her cheeks were red and stained with tears, I hardly had to imagine how confusing this all was for her. Being able to understand her emotions so effortlessly, I knew how much her head was spinning at all of this.

"I take it that I'm usually the dramatic one?" I asked with a gentle smirk, trying to cheer her up.

She laughed lightly and nodded.

"Always," Sigyn agreed, "You might as well be the God of Drama."

"Hey," I teased, "Now that may be a bit extreme."

"No," she argued, a small smile creeping onto her face. It was like a breath of fresh air to see her anxiety melt away.

"Although you don't know me, Loki," she said, "I know you. And I know you're dramatic."

"That's unfair," I chided, "You have the upper hand here, you may truly be the more dramatic one and may just be lying to me."

She scoffed, "If you want to get to know me, the first thing there is to know is that I don't lie."

I paused, quirking a brow as I asked in disbelief, "You mean to tell me your truthfulness is one of your most notable qualities and you somehow end up married to me? The literal God of Lies?"

She shrugged, "It's not as if I had much of a choice," she explained.

"A choice?" I questioned, "It wasn't an arranged marriage was it?"

"God no," she said quickly, "I just...I couldn't ever say no to you. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Suppose that's how things are though when you're in love."

I couldn't help but smile. I could hardly fathom that she had ever fallen in love with me, or a version of me at least. Despite barely knowing her, I knew I was one lucky man to be graced with her affections. So desperately I wanted to be close to her in every way possible. I was completely dazed by her beauty and her presence.

I could've stood for hours in silence just listening to her or merely even looking at her. But, that was clearly not in the agenda. From behind me, my ears pricked at the sound of an arrow hurdling through the air. Swiftly, I dodged the projectile, catching it in my left hand.

Quickly, I turned, shielding Sigyn behind me. Atop a ridge nearby, I saw the huntress who had been so bold as to shoot the arrow at me.

I narrowed my eyes to focus on the figure. It was a girl, slightly taller than Sigyn and much younger for sure. I couldn't see her face as she wore a black jacket with a hood over her head.

"Hela," Sigyn called, squeezing out from behind me, "Come here, darling. And please, put down that bow. I'm alright, no need to shoot."

My eyes widened as I realized who the marksman was.

"Is that really?" I stammered, looking at Sigyn.

"Really what?" she asked, quirking a brow as the girl began to decent from the hill.

"Hela?" I asked, my heart beginning to thump rapidly.

Sigyn smiled softly and nodded, "That's her."

As the girl walked towards us, she took off her hood and finally revealed her face. It was as though I was looking into a mirror. Clearly this was my daughter and yet I could hardly fathom that I was now a father.

She cocked her head to the side, examining me carefully. Her round green eyes searched me with uptmost curiosity. She raised a brow as she looked towards her mother.

"Mom, I thought I was supposed to be the boy crazy one," Hela commented as she swung her bow over her shoulder, "Who's this new bloke?"

"Very funny," Sigyn said with a playful eye roll. She came to Hela's side, gently tucking Hela's hair behind her ear. From the way Sigyn looked at her, I could see how deep her love ran for her daughter. Sigyn's eyes were filled with pride.

I was choked up as I watched the two of them. I could hardly believe the sight in front of me. These were somehow my girls.

"You really don't recognize him?"Sigyn asked softly as Hela continued to stare.

Hela slowly shook her head, her eyes narrowing before it all of a sudden hit her. Her green eyes went wide and a flash of fear and excitement came across her face.

"Papa?"