Chapter One Hundred and Eleven

"Be safe," Loki begged, kissing my cheek gently.

"Always," I promised, "I'll be back in just a minute, no need to worry."

"I'm sure you'll be fine," he sighed as he looked me up and down, "But...must you wear something so skin tight? I mean-"

"Loki," I laughed, "It's only for a moment, okay? I promise you have nothing to worry about, I'm getting the Aether and leaving. No funny business."

"Promise?" he asked, "Because if I find out Thor-"

"Loki, please trust me," I begged as I took his hands in mine, "I know I have hardly given you a reason to but please? It's just for a short mission, nothing more. I promise nothing with happen asides from me getting that infinity stone, alright?"

Loki eyed me, contemplating whether or not to believe me. By the way his eyes traced my body I could tell he wasn't so sure.

"Honestly," he admitted, tearing his eyes away from me and looking over my shoulder to glare at Thor just yards away, "It's not you I'm worried about."

"He won't hurt me," I assured him as I slid out a dagger from Loki's pocket, "And if he so much as tries, he'll regret he did thanks to this."

As I flashed the small silver dagger in front of Loki's eyes, I could tell a wave of calm washed over him. The tiny weapon was enough to make him at ease.

"And you swear to use it if he tries anything?" Loki asked with a raised brow, still more than reluctant to leave his brother and I alone together.

"I swear on it," I said, holding up my left palm.

Loki smiled glumly before he hugged me tightly and pressed a kiss to my cheek. He squeezed my hand before letting me go join the rest of the time traveling team.

As I joined the lot upon the machine, all gear at the ready, Hela worked quickly alongside Rocket to assure that everything was ago. Her green eyes focused intently on the screens and dials in front of her. According to Tony, she was quite the prodigy with complex mechanics. Though that hardly meant anything to me, I assumed it was good. Especially since they were letting a girl operate an entire time travel mission.

"You know your teams, you know your missions,. Get the stones. Get them back," Steve recounted the team as we all dawned our helmets, holding our Pym particles at the ready.

"One round trip each," Steve reminded, taking a moment to meet each of us in the eyes, "No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us know where we're going but that doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for eachother. This is the fight of our lives...and we are going to win."

Steve glanced at Tony, then me, then Hela who worked beyond the platform. He stopped for a moment before he concluded, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"You heard the man," Hela said jubilantly as she flipped a few switches, causing the apparatus below us to begin to spin, "Let's get this going!"

Though she looked absolutely delighted, Loki was turning green. He looked sick to his stomach and filled with worry. I offered a small wave and smile.

"See ya in a minute," Natasha said before we were all suddenly hurdling through time and space.

The feeling was odd. Not what I had imagined it to be in the slightest. I had thought that it would feel similar to teleporting, that nauseating feeling similar to plane sickness. However, this brought it to an entirely new level. Being ripped from your place in time was excruciating and made me feel as though I was encapsulated in flames. I wondered how long the agony would last before I would finally touch down. With every second that passed, I yearned more and more for the sweet feeling of earth beneath my feet.