Chapter Forty-Seven

HELA ODINSDOTTIR'S POINT OF VIEW
Life at the palace was going quite swimmingly. However, I couldn't say the same for the outside of the castle gates. Insurrections threatened my well-deserved peace and quiet and constantly intruded on my time with Sigyn and/or Hela.

Hela had luckily warmed up to me. She marveled at my power and had grown desperate to learn more. I could tell she was like her father in the way she desired power, perhaps this was a trait courtesy of the Allfather himself. Hela had grown quite accustomed to Fenrir and when she wasn't asking to learn, she was asking to be with Fenrir. Not that I minded, of course. Every little girl deserves a pet.

I was having more trouble with her mother than I was with her. But that was to be expected from the Goddess of Fidelity. I had no doubt that Sigyn was soon to break, becoming flexible to my whim. I planned to conquest her just I conquested Asgard. Sigyn was to be made completely and totally my own, residing at my side as my queen. It was not as if my dear brother, Loki, would mind. After all, he was dead and gone-presumably frozen somewhere in space. Sigyn was mine for the taking. 

Truly, she was a sight to behold. Sigyn was the embodiment of everything Asgard wished to be. She was the perfect personification of the kingdom I had strived for. Sigyn was a vision. I had never seen a woman whose beauty rivaled my own. She was a short little thing but carried herself with utmost dignity. Even as I challenged her, she wouldn't falter. Her stubbornness was quite apparent. Her hair was like spun gold and it was the same color as the Asgardian wheat fields. Her skin was delicately freckled and sunkissed. She was motherly yet incredibly youthful. Her waist seemed to be just dying to be held. Her eyes were sharp and steady, like an eagle's. She was able to target a person with utmost accuracy, seemingly able to look into their soul. Her intuition proceeded her and she was far more powerful than she realized. With simple training, she could easily become an impressive witch. However, I wasn't keen on unleashing this side of Sigyn. The side of her that allowed her to kill her mother had to stay at bay for the time. At least for now, I had to keep her submissive and under my control. I had to break her before I could mold her.

I sat in her chambers, watching as tailors fitted her for a new gown. She stood on a small pedestal yet still failed to be anywhere close to six feet tall. Draped in dark silks, she was dressed in no more than her undergarments leaving her body generally exposed. Her skin was pale and pink and I was able to see just how thin she was. She had small bruises littering her skin, compliments of yours truly. Seeing her like this, I understood so clearly why Loki had been so fond of her.

"Drape the green silk on her," I commanded, watching as the tailors hastily pulled out fabric.

Sigyn stood motionless, looking at me with cold eyes. 

"Now red," I ordered, sending them into a frenzy once more. 

I stood up, circling Sigyn as she stood with the blood-red fabric draped upon her small frame. The color reflected into her eyes, leaving them to cast a deep scarlet hue. I smiled, watching as her eyes followed me.

"This shall do," I said, turning to the tailors, "Make her something with that fabric, I want her to be able to move easily in whatever you make. Understand?"

The tailors nodded, bowing their heads. They were practically shaking with fear. It was pathetic.

"If you understood, why are you still here?" I asked, tilting my head.

Their eye widened and they immediately ran off, the door slamming shut behind them. Their terror was almost comical. I could hardly believe that this was what Asgard had been reduced to. A warrior race had turned into no more than a bunch of softies.