Chapter One Hundred and Fifteen

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
Loudness and darkness had consumed all of my senses once the missiles hit. The sound of crashing buildings and ground-breaking explosions rang in my ears, drowning out absolutely everything else. I couldn't hear Sigyn or Hela, even if I tried. Outside the safety of our small dome of protection, the world had become pitch black, encapsulated by smoke and falling objects.

I needed to stay strong despite the chaos, I told myself that if I just held out long enough for it all to cease, everything would be okay. Sigyn would be safe and Hela would be too. If I could just focus, let my magic do its job, we would be spared from the catastrophe.

I had hoped this would be the case. But of course, being that I was involved in the equation, my plan would fail. Just as always, fate did not work in my favor. The only thing that I heard before the world and shield crumbled around me was a scream, and then all out once something hit my head and I was out.

I hardly knew how much I had missed or how much time had passed when I awoke. All I knew was that my head was throbbing and the warm liquid trickling down my forehead was certainly not water. As I tried to make sense of my surroundings, slowly sitting up amongst the rubble, I immediately realized that I was alone. Hela and Sigyn were no longer at my side.

"Hela!" I attempted to yell out, struggling to even breathe with the amount of smoke that filled the air.

I was met with no response. The crackling fire, alarms, and devastating crashes were the only sounds echoing in my ears. I began to panic as I shakily stood up amongst the disarray, scanning the destruction for any sign of my girls.

My heart was beating out of my chest and my vision was more than blurred. I could hardly see straight and my legs shook underneath me as I walked through, searching for any sign of them. I needed to be with them, to ensure that they were alright. And that most importantly, that they were both alive.

"Sigyn!" I screamed out, my voice horse and strained.

Again, I received no response other than the echo of my voice. I was more than panicked at this point, I was terrified and angry and desperate. Despite my inability to walk as gracefully as I'd like, I was determined to find them and fight whoever got in my way.

Though I hadn't really anticipated having to fight anyone, as soon as I felt a hand grab my shoulder, I had zero mercy. Swiftly I turned around and grabbed the wrist of my company, apparatint a knife within my hand and firmly pressing it to their throat all in one quick motion.

"Loki!" Sigyn screamed as she attempted to pry away my hands, breathing as shallow as possible to avoid her throat meeting my blade, "Loki! Please, it's me! It's Sigyn."

Instantly I drew my blade away and pulled her into my embrace.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly, "I'm so sorry, please forgive me. Are you alright? Where's Hela?"

"I'm okay," she said in exasperation, "You were about to kill me!"

"Darling," I attempted as she looked over my injuries, trying her best to heal them, "I did not know it was you and if you haven't been able to tell, I'm a little-"

"Hit in the head?" Sigyn finished as she traced  her fingers down the cut upon my forehead, healing it under her touch.

"You should be better now," she said as she finished healing my wounds, "You haven't found Hela have you?"

"No," I admitted as I looked around us, trying to find any sign of our daughter, "I haven't. She must be nearby though, right? God, I hope she's alright..."

"She will be," Sigyn assured me, "She's gonna be just fine. We just need to find her."

Just then, as Sigyn finished her sentence, blood curdling screams rang out from nearby. Immediately, I knew it was Hela. Her terrified voice rang through the debris and dirt, piercing my heart like a sharp arrow. Before I could even process it all, Sigyn was sprinting in the direction of her voice. Swiftly, I followed after her and ran as fast as I possibly could.