Chapter Fifty-Eight

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
My worse nightmare had somehow come true.

"Look at me!" she had screamed, her voice desperate and cracking.

Her cloak was thrown onto the floor as she held out her arms. Her brows were furrowed and her eyes were narrow with anger. By the way she glared at me, I felt as though a thousand daggers had been stabbed into my heart. 

Sigyn stood before me, exactly as she did in my nightmare. But this time, she was far from devoid of emotion. Just as before, a deep crimson cut scarred her delicate skin-barely missing her eye and harshly stopping before her jaw bone. A single bruised handprint was imprinted onto her skin, circling her neck with harsh purple spindles. I took her wrists in my mind, examing her arms that were littered with scratches and lacerations. My heart was caught in my chest, as she swiftly pulled away from me. Stepping away from me, her face and chest were flushed red with anger. Raising her hand, I was sure she was going to hit me but rather, she swiftly took out a lot of Butchers who had begun to charge at me.

As the bones clanged against the rainbow bridge she took a step forward, looking up at me with clenched teeth she spat, "You are just as guilty of these scars as Hela is."

Hela. My heart began to pound in my chest as my entire body tensed. Hela did this to her. I turned to the castle, fully prepared to go and kill that wretched with. 

"Hela did this to you?" I affirmed as I brandished my swords, my voice shook with madness. I envisioned every possible way to end that woman. Oh how desperately I wished to see her head on a spike, or her body littered with a hundred knives. Whatever it was, I didn't care, I only wanted to see her dead.

"I'll kill her," I began, "I'll-"

Sigyn looked at me as if I was an idiot and shook her head as she said, "She'd kill  you, Loki. You don't stand a chance."

Looking at Sigyn again, I realized she was right but furthermore she was nearly begging me not tog go. Her soft brown eyes were glossy with tears and seemed to just be screaming to not let me leave her alone. Again. I nodded and took one last glance at the palace. Desperately, I wanted revenge but even more so I wanted Sigyn to be safe. 

She took a deep breath, pursing her lips as she choked back her tears and assumed a fighting position.

"The best you can do now is make sure we get on that ship alive, do you understand?" she said sternly, locking eyes with me as she continued, "Not just me and certainly not just you."

I stammered, taking in her demand. I had never seen her so viscerally angry. Sigyn had been frustrated before but never mad as she was in this instance. Her whole body was sharp and rigid and her eyes seemed to glow red with anger. For a moment I wondered what had been done to her to lead her to this moment. Certainly, she wasn't angry at me, but angry at the circumstances. How could I have possibly known she was in such ferverent danger? If anything, Sigyn was angry at Hela for what she had done to her and for what she was currently doing to Asgard. I had done nothing to deserve my wife's wrath.

"Sigyn, I-"

At the sound of my voice she planted her foot firmly and shriekd in frustration, turning to me she glared and asked, "Won't you ever shut up?"

The tone in her voice immediately told me I had done something wrong. She rolled her eyes, hiking up her skirt and retrieving a dagger that was strapped to her thigh. For a brief moment, I thought she was going to stab the blade straight into my heart but thankfully she turned and stabbed a Butcher instead.

Heimdall came between us, brandishing the Bifrost sword. He smiled at me and kindly said, "Welcome home. I saw you coming."

"Course you did."