Chapter Seventy-Five

I was very confused, in all honesty. I was still wrapping my head around this whole Time Variance Authority, the fact that supposedly there were all these people who served some unknown Timekeepers was absolute madness. Mobius seemed intelligent, not a complete idiot like that Ravonna woman, and yet he was completely convinced of the mumbo-jumbo. What troubled me the most was the fact that he knew so much about my life, even about the events that were yet to come. Somehow, he knew every choice and every action I was bound to make. I didn't like the fact that I was predictable.

Despite all of this, I was sure of one thing. That woman, Sigyn. Somehow, I needed to get to her. I needed to get out of the TVA and return to her. I thought just maybe I would be able to change the outcome of our lives together, that I could somehow save her from the tortures that Ragnarok induced. Everything in me was pulling to her, telling me to find her. I needed to get back to Sigyn, to ensure I could stop my betrayal and protect her.

"Yeah," Mobius said, watching the screen as a scene of Sigyn being slapped played over and over and over again, "Poor girl. Ya wanna know a fun fact, Loki Loo?"

"Please turn this scene off," I begged, looking away, "And then, Agent Mobius, you can tell me whatever fun fact you desire."

"Alright then!" he said happily, switching the scene yet again. This time, it was her and I in the woods somewhere. The two of us walked hand in hand and were talking softly about something. But, from the smiles that laid on our lips, I could tell we were more than happy. I wondered as I watched, what my mother thought of her. Surely, Frigga and Sigyn would have complemented each other. They were both skilled witches who were so nurturing in nature, how desperately I wished to go home and see the both of them.

"Sigyn Iwaldottir," Mobius explained, bringing my focus back to him, "Is the least varianted individual across all aspects of the sacred timeline. In fact, I think the one you got right there is the only one left. The others were pruned."

I furrowed my brows, "Really? That's unusual?"

Mobius nodded and exclaimed, "Oh yeah! Super!"

I looked back to the screen, back to Sigyn. My mind reeled. Somehow, I had gotten lucky enough within my timeline to end up with the only Sigyn in the universe. I knew for a fact that I had done nothing to deserve her and yet I had been blessed the ability to make her mine. But, at the same time, I had been so awful to treat the only Sigyn in the universe as poorly as I could have managed. 

My heart was aching and yet I was still so bewildered. As I sat within the walls of the TVA, I had still yet to meet Sigyn myself. Technically, she was still a stranger to me. I had never felt her touch, heard her laugh, or even held her in my arms. But, even now, I knew this wasn't some trick. I knew whatever was bound to happen between Sigyn and I was real and true. I knew this because within myself I could already recall the way she scrunched up her nose when she was frustrated, the power behind her stubbornness, the crushing feeling of her silent treatment, and even the feel of her lips upon m own. Sigyn was simultaneously so foreign to me and yet the most familiar thing I had ever experienced.

"Anyways," Mobius continued, "You're really good at doing awful things, and then just getting away. Like here? After you betray her? You die like a few weeks later and leave her with a lot of unresolved trauma."

"No, enough," I said getting up from my seat, "I'm not dying, and I'm certainly not escaping. Not from Sigyn. No. No way."

Upon taking three steps forward I was promptly snapped right back to the chair I was in just moments prior by a simple click of Mobius's remote. Dear god, the time collars were annoying. I couldn't do anything I wanted without risking being shot back into the assigned place Mobius had created for me.